Topic: Find me some ways to get money (Read 1075 times)

• Group: Guest
Money making sites rarely land you any good money. They either give you as little as a few dollars per hour, or you need to compete against other candidates in order to QUALIFY for the possibility of receiving payment for your work. I consider it a waste of time as you could easily use those hours working extra at a real job.

So here are my suggestions:
 - Work extra in the weekends.
 - Minimize your expenses like Dada said, and cross off things that you either don't need or that could be replaced with cheaper alternatives.
 - Sell stuff you don't need at flea-markets or on eBay.
 - Don't subscribe to any paid services unless absolutely necessary. It's better to pay up-front so you can keep track of your income/savings.
 - If you have any web development-skills you can freelance on sites like freelance.com.

But really though, the only way to get wealthy is to either work as much as possible and make sure you keep as much of your paycheck as possible, or make risky investments, but I am guessing you don't want to risk your hard-earned money so I am ruling that out.
Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 04:54:30 am by Drule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
when my parents took me with them to the hardware store, i went over to the plumbing section and got a couple expensive pipe joints, bring them directly up to the returns and get a refund telling them that my dad ended up not needing them and i didn't have the receipt. I got like 40 bucks and I just bought weed with with my homies.
Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 11:40:57 am by DietCoke
the best way was to get one that was similar and so you'd 'trade' all the other ones for just one and some cash so you could "try this one and come back later if it works"

When I worked as a retail cashier, people did this sometimes except with receipts they'd find in the parking lot and I'd just give them money because that takes some balls and if they could make it all the way through the store and back to the register without getting busted then I think they earned it. Plus they were usually grown ass men so the kid gloves would come off if they were caught and they'd probably have to spend like 30-90 days in jail and I don't think I could do that to someone over some shit that I didn't give a fuck about.
Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 11:45:59 am by DietCoke
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Employee of the month for you DietCoke.

Christophomicus, you could sell wow gold.. people are stupid enough to buy that shit. Actually you could just end up being our next spambot here at GW, cant get any closer to home than that.
http://steamsignature.com][/url]
  • thx ds k?
FUCK BITCHES
SMOKE TREES
MAKE MONEY

• VILLAIN
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
kidnap justin bieber and set up a fundraiser demanding his fans pay ten million dollars. i guarantee you'll get that money in less than an hour.
yes, except instead of simply asking for money in exchange for his release, kill him and put assorted bits of him on ebay. I guarantee you you'll get ten million dollars for every molar alone. imagine what the scalp would go for.
Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 07:40:13 pm by Dada
  • I fear and I tremble
sell off some of that kinky ass ginger hair you got I heard that shits like gold to old black women
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • I fear and I tremble
Ryan thats the kind of girl I want to marry :)
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • Five foot ace of clubs?!?!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Quote from: Dada
yes, except instead of simply asking for money in exchange for his release, kill him and put assorted bits of him on ebay. I guarantee you you'll get ten million dollars for every molar alone. imagine what the scalp would go for.

Not to mention the satisfaction of knowing that Justin Bieber died by your hands.
  • Fuzzball of Doom!!!11one
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
dietcoke is my new favorite GWer, just saying

also yeah, i used amazon mturk for a while for this sort of thing, but it gets boring and you don't make much money at all. it's better to cut down on expenses, especially for food. and if you have any special talents, try to freelance or do commissions or whatever. i'm currently doing the graphics/logos for a website, and i'm working on making some fanart to get prints of so i can sell them at anime conventions. dunno what you could do though
semper games.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i recall making a topic similar to this, and dietcoke took the reigns then too

i am starting to think this guy is serious
  • TV people want to leave

i think that his point is that you're not going to make serious money sitting around on the internet or w/e "free money" things are out there.  if it was that easy, everyone would be doing it.  christophomicus even started this topic with "i'm looking to get another job but HOW CAN I MAKE MONEY ON THE INTERNET INSTEAD".  if you want more money, then you have to work for it, there's no magical way to do it by sitting around on the internet, at least not enough to where a) the time spent is worth more than it would have been using it on a job or b) it's going to be enough to do you any good going on a big trip.

also christophomicus if you haven't already, find any old shit you have laying around that you don't want anymore and sell it.  it'd at least give you a little bit more cash.

i know you said you didn't want this obvious advice but the reason it's obvious is because this is the advice that ACTUALLY WORKS sorry!
Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 12:03:23 pm by Vellfire
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • professional disappointment
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
murder everyone wealthier than you so suddenly you are the richest person in the world
  • TV people want to leave
murder everyone wealthier than you so suddenly you are the richest person in the world

oh god this is the best idea brb
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I think these topics are more aimed at "anything I can do that sucks but doesn't require a load of time to make money?". There are lots of things that are a) shitty work that pay well because nobody wants to do it or b) pay slightly better than other means of getting cash but are so horrid you only could ever do it on the side for a few hours a week before you went insane

These are probably the types of things that people are looking for, not "smoke weed all day 4/20" and/or "just steal something"

p.s. dietcoke I have a feeling you are an unemployable bum
The Misadventures of Crimebot
  • Watch out Kitty! The room turned sideways!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
p.s. dietcoke I have a feeling you are an unemployable bum
lol
  • None of them knew they were robots.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Join Cloud Crowd on facebook, it's like mturk but better because it pays via pay pal

http://www.cloudcrowd.com/i/41f402
Play Raimond Ex (if you haven't already)

I'll not TAKE ANYTHING you write like this seriously because it looks dumb

velfare is right, basically what I'm saying is that there's no easy way to make significant amounts of money except for criminal activity
Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 03:36:35 am by DietCoke
  • Worthless Protoplasm
do spriting for some random crappy cellphone/iphone game

supposedly Doppleganger was making some bucks this way
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/

go out by busy intersections with a sign saying that you're a victim of the recession and ask people in their cars for money.