Bye Goodbye, farewell and sayonara (Read 3204 times)

• Comrade!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
DOUBT ANYONE WILL MISS ME BUT JUST IN CASE...

It would be rude to go without saying goodbye.

Gamingw has changed alot since I first joined, some for the better and some for the worse. Either way I guess I have come to a point where I no longer feel it's no longer a place where I wish to post so onward to RMN where I will be posting from now on.

RMGAMEARCHIVE

Will be back shortly, although with added moonfruit! http://rmgamearchive.moonfruit.com/

Nothing to see at the moment though.

LASTLY

Thanks to bart for GW and rami and all the past mods and admins.

Hope this saltw.net thing works out for you.
  • Group: Guest
Good luck, and thanks for the good times pal.
  • Ò_Ó
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
See ya
  • I r TEH DrAgOn RaR
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
this seems like a shameless plug for rmn
  • I r TEH DrAgOn RaR
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
you know actually ill post a topic saying goodbye because i cant keep up with real life and how much i post here

i also work at mcdonalds
  • Dog: "Just tell me what the hell you want me to do!"
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
maybe we see a lot more of these to[pics soon
  • PEW PEW PEW
goodbye, adios, sayonara, auf wiedersehen http://video.adultswim.com/tim-and-eric-awesome-show-great-job/just-want-to-say-goodbye.html
  • No, it doesn't stand for anything.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Yeah, I'm taking off too. Not for any hateful reasons or anything, it just feels like GW (or SW) has changed an awful lot from the site I used to like coming to. Not saying that this place is bad or anything now, it's still cool and has good people, but the focus is shifting in all sorts of directions and some of them feel odd to me.

Still hope that Salt World takes off though, and I wish you guys the best of luck! Rock on, Drule.
  • TV people want to leave
I find it weird that people are leaving now but they were happy to stick around when GW was doing absolutely nothing for however many months.
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • It's Me, Picasso
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Well, it was familiar. . . and who says the old GW ways are gone? Not me. and UPRC, us members are responsible for the various directions this place goes, so stick around and steer it to where you want. And looks like I'll still be seeing some of you anyway, as I, like some others  here, belong to RMN as well.
Everyone has the right to be himself; wise men know how to,when, and whether to navigate the boundary between their rights and those of others when they collide.
  • PEW PEW PEW
I can't stand all these changes in forum software and appearance either, but I'll stick it out for a while.
  • GW Staff: Article Alcoholic (Current Mood: Happy!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Yeah I'm not really in the mood to post because this skin is so ugly looking and the way the topics look like give me a headache, but I'm just going to lurk until the new skin gets here. Don't really understand why Drule couldn't have waited to start SW until the skin was done... it's not like waiting a few extra days would have hurt anyone.
I don't see how you can be on a forum for several years of your life and then be unable to put up with change (especially if your problem is just TEMPORARY SKIN) for less than, what, two days?  At least give it a full week or two, you've all already invested enough time into GW/SW you might as well give it a second and see if you like it.

Look at who's saying that.  Jeepers talk about a perspective shift.  Suddenly I am pro-SW instead of anti-newGW but fuck I feel more like posting here than on old GW because I feel like maybe something might come out of it.
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • I r TEH DrAgOn RaR
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I don't see how you can be on a forum for several years of your life and then be unable to put up with change (especially if your problem is just TEMPORARY SKIN) for less than, what, two days?  At least give it a full week or two, you've all already invested enough time into GW/SW you might as well give it a second and see if you like it.

Look at who's saying that.  Jeepers talk about a perspective shift.  Suddenly I am pro-SW instead of anti-newGW but fuck I feel more like posting here than on old GW because I feel like maybe something might come out of it.

this is how i feel!

i feel renewed.....
i feel renewed.....

It's like waiting far too long to take a shower, you feel so gross like you're incapable of living until you finally just hop in the shower and when you come out you feel so dang fantastic and relieved.
BRRING! BRRING!
  • "When you're bound by your own convictions, a discipline can be your addiction."
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I think that is more than most any of us cared to know about your personal hygiene habits.

Joking aside, it sort of makes sense for people to start peeling off now. They probably found gamingw and stuck around for a specific set of reasons. Even when everything was stagnant and broken, they still had the basic shell of what they showed up for. Now that things are starting to happen and there seems to be an actual direction (or directions) again, some people are bound to realize that they're holding on to something that just doesn't exist anymore. Also, it is easier to leave while everything is still foreign. There's no sense of attachment.

Still, it wouldn't surprise me to see some of the people who leave come back a couple months from now just to see what's up with the site. There could be some really good stuff going on that will pull them back into the fold.

Then again, I disagree with almost everyone here, so there is the extremely remote possibility that I'm wrong.
Vagrancy - Be careful who you wake up in a twenty four hour parking lot.

His name was Not Johnny -  A young man becomes a sort of superhero after a crippling injury. He
  • PEW PEW PEW
actually matt I was bringing attention the fact that all that's changed is software and appearance. actually these guys were some of the members calling for big changes (indie-game-and-tutorial-hub.net) back in the gw7 discussion thread. we just had different ideas of what gw was!! no I don't think so. aside from the community I'm not super sure why anyone would have stuck around here if they were looking more for an RMN kind of website, because that's not what gw was at all for the last 4 or so years

I feel like it was GW the name and URL, the character/place in their heads that was keeping them here. and now that that URL is gone the spell is broken and they're left wondering why they bothered sticking around this dump all these years

w/e uprc and confuses good luck with your forum quests
  • PEW PEW PEW
actually that's what killer wolf said in different words. maybe we're not so different after all....
  • Group: Guest
There's almost nothing different about the site except the layout and that we added the toolkit forums and Welcomes & Farewells back in again. I personally feel like the current setup represents "old GW" more than gamingw.net has done over the past few years because of this.

Like someone said, I think that if you're leaving now you're probably doing it because the GW spell is broken and you're beginning to ask yourself why you are sticking around.

But yeah, good luck to everyone who chooses to leave. It's been fun having you around.
  • Fascist
  • PipPipPip
Joking aside, it sort of makes sense for people to start peeling off now. They probably found gamingw and stuck around for a specific set of reasons. Even when everything was stagnant and broken, they still had the basic shell of what they showed up for. Now that things are starting to happen and there seems to be an actual direction (or directions) again, some people are bound to realize that they're holding on to something that just doesn't exist anymore. Also, it is easier to leave while everything is still foreign. There's no sense of attachment.

Still, it wouldn't surprise me to see some of the people who leave come back a couple months from now just to see what's up with the site. There could be some really good stuff going on that will pull them back into the fold.
This probably. I've been gone for the last year or so. But this seems like the perfect opportunity to break "for good". GW had some good times and some good memories. Of course I'm still here writing this so... I don't know what to make of that. If only I would have had to re-register. But I didn't. So damn. This means I'll basically still be around visiting once a month to notice that nothing has happened.
"I'm just a nationalistic Swedish-speaking Finn"
"Aivan, mutta suomalaiset juovat toki olutta."
 I never forget an Insult nor do I forget a compliment.