Topic: Super Smash Bros. Brawl [11/05/2007: Fox's Misfortune/Fire Emblem Theme] (Read 77739 times)

• Paranoid Android.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
hm. i guess diddy kong is the one i'll use if i've just made out with a man or something.
  • FIFTY FIFTY FIFTY
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
He's back again! And about time too!
And this time.. he's in the mood!
He can fly real high with his jetpack on
and with his pistols out, he's one tough kong!
He'll make you smile when he plays his tune,
but Kremlins beware cos HE'S AFTER YOU, HUH!
  • Cranky Old Curmudgeon
  • PipPip
  • Group: Member
I want to see!  Why isn't the Smash Dojo loading today?
http://aberrantexcursion.blogspot.com/ - It's a blog about video games and junk.  I'd like you to check it out, but I ain't gonna beg.
  • Non Playable Character
  • Pip

It seems to be working fine.
Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 03:55:31 pm by Severus
  • Moses
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Wow, I am really excited! I've wanted Diddy Kong as a playable character forever, and finally he is. Nice. He looks like a wacky character, too.
  • Cranky Old Curmudgeon
  • PipPip

It seems to be working fine.

Crazy - even your linked screenshot just shows up as an X on my computer. 

Why?  Why does Diddy hate me?
Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 03:49:09 pm by Dapper Swindler
http://aberrantexcursion.blogspot.com/ - It's a blog about video games and junk.  I'd like you to check it out, but I ain't gonna beg.
  • Moses
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Way to quote the giant picture two posts above you.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Fuck yes! That update is so awesome!

I'm definitely trying him out. He looks so badass. I wonder if he'll be any good though. I picture him being above average...something along the lines of Dr. Mario in Melee.
  • Cranky Old Curmudgeon
  • PipPip
(Okay, so I checked the update on my t-mobile sideick)

Sounds like he isn't a Donkey Kong clone either.  That's terrific.  Can't wait to see him in action.
  • FIFTY FIFTY FIFTY
How would he be a DK clone? He's like 1/3 his size!

I'm guessing he'll be another fast light fighter, but not as fast/light as Pikachu. Like a cross between Pikachu and Mario.
  • Cranky Old Curmudgeon
  • PipPip
How would he be a DK clone? He's like 1/3 his size!

Just something I've heard in the past when speculating about Diddy as a character - he might be a smaller, lighter and faster version of Donkey.

But, from what Sakurai says, he is clearly not, so that's good.  Can't wait to see his attacks.
  • FIFTY FIFTY FIFTY
I hope his jetpack and pistols make a return. I mean they're in his rap and everything (and shut up about dk's lack of coconut gun that fires in spurts :x).
  • No that isn't me in the avatar!
  • PipPipPipPip
How does that list indicate that Petey, R.O.B., and the Primids (I'm assuming that's what you meant by 'Emissaries') are going to be playable? If anything, it's indicative of them not being playable characters.

Characters that there are multiples of (Polygon team and their replacement in Brawl, Primids) are never playable, without a gameshark or AR. That also rules out R.O.B.s.

A character like Petey is far too large and powerful to be playable. His tongue is bigger than Peach and Zelda. He can hold two characters with ease, he shoots out giant balls of sludge, and he can petrify his opponents. I have a good feeling he's going to be a boss.

Don't think that his size/obvious power potential should be a variable for whether he could be a character. Think about it. They put Mewtwo in Melee and he was the worst character!
Below are things I've taken part to create:

Channel Changer 1-3 Complete
Easy Mac Complete
Easy Mac 2
Last Legend

www.myspace.com/tylermiremusic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Don't think that his size/obvious power potential should be a variable for whether he could be a character. Think about it. They put Mewtwo in Melee and he was the worst character!

That's true I guess, but I just can't picture him being playable. Shields in Melee were all the same size, regardless of the size of the character using it (which is why bigger characters are easier to hit through their shields). If Petey was playable and if they keep shields the same way they did in SSB and SSBM, it wouldn't be useful at all.

I don't know though. It is a new game after all and things might be changed around a lot.

I hope his jetpack and pistols make a return. I mean they're in his rap and everything (and shut up about dk's lack of coconut gun that fires in spurts :x).

I haven't played the game this Diddy's from (I'm assuming it's the old N64 one), but isn't his jetpack the Rocketbarrel Boost and isn't his pistol the Peanut Pop Gun? Or are those two completely different things?

Diddy looks like he'll be a pretty tricky character, since he has that "whimsical" fighting style. I'm glad he's going to be somewhat different.
Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 08:28:10 pm by Sarhan
  • GW Staff: Article Alcoholic (Current Mood: Happy!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
*Crosses Fingers for Dixie.*

I'm glad Diddy is playable but I've always wanted to play as Dixie. I want to fly around using her spinning hair while attacking people. :P
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Diddy gives me hope for Banjo, but I'm glad Diddy/Dixie wasn't a combo character like some of the rumors suggested.
  • FIFTY FIFTY FIFTY
Oh dang I didn't even read his blurb, awesome.

However now the site is down and I hate SSB forever.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Damn! What a nice update. At first I saw the music and I was like "gay." But then I scrolled down and saw Yoshi's final smash. Looks freaking awesome.

And is it just me or do all of the songs they've shown so far seem to be pretty slow? They don't really sound like songs you could fight to.
  • Wind of Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Yoshi can fly! This harkens back to the days of Super Mario World, no doubt.

And yeah I noticed the slow songs too. wtf, needs moar speed metal or something IDK just something I can battle to  :rockout:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Hmm...never mind about the songs. After listening through them again, I can see how they would work with a game like smash. The Animal Crossing one is still somewhat weird though, especially the end, but I'm sure it'll be fine once I'm actually playing a match on Smashville. If not, then I will be sad, since that's my favorite stage so far.