Topic: Six nukes flown to wrong base, insecure for 36 hours. (Read 2937 times)

• The Angel of Death
  • Pip
  • Group: Member

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20071019/D8SCIF480.html

Jesus Christ, this is something that might happen on 24 and Jack Bauer has to stop the bad guys from taking advantage of it. The last paragraph has me wondering if it wasn't a mistake, but they were being secretly moved so they could just SAY they had been decommisioned, but someone leaked th esecret, so now they are saying it was all a gross mistake.

• Not a 47, just a liar
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
This is why nuclear disarmament is a probably a good idea.
  • Stop Radioactivity!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
This is why nuclear disarmament is a probably a good idea.
Remember though, the US and Israel are allowed nukes but no one else can =o)
Dok Choy
  • DJ Smilie...
  • PipPip
That's correct, Doktormartini. Very good.
Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 10:52:27 pm by Mr. Hellguy
  • TV people want to leave
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
That's cute Doktormartini, thanks for sharing.
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • MAZIIIIIN GO!! PILEDER ON!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
That's cute Doktormartini, thanks for sharing.

Ah, this brings me back some.

if you're a vegan you support baby killers
  • None of them knew they were robots.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

If the greatest countries that have the most freedom and democracy doesn't have them then the terrorists who have them (france, russia, china, india) will be able to do whathever they want. And I don't want the world to become communist or hindu.

--

By the way this scared me a little, I thought they had launched those weapons of mass destruction
Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 11:43:07 pm by Inri Cheetos
Play Raimond Ex (if you haven't already)

I'll not TAKE ANYTHING you write like this seriously because it looks dumb
  • Avatar of `~congresman Ron paul~~
  • Legio Morbidius
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
The procedures were set and it's no one's fault other than the incompetent airmen and their direct superiors. How fucking stupid, though.

That’s right, you have the young gaming with the old(er), white people gaming with black people, men and women, Asian countries gaming with the EU, North Americans gaming with South Americans. Much like world sporting events like the Wolrd Cup, or the Olympics will bring together different nations in friendly competition, (note the recent Asian Cup; Iraq vs. Saudi Arabia, no violence there) we come together. The differences being, we are not divided by our nationalities and we do it 24-7, and on a personal level.

We are a community without borders and without colours, the spirit and diversity of the gaming community is one that should be looked up to, a spirit and diversity other groups should strive toward.
  • The Angel of Death
  • Pip

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20071019/D8SCKA7O0.html

Wow. Handling nukes should really fall under the common sense catergory of "do not skip security measure to speed up process." I can't believe anyone handling such a devastating weapon would even think for a second that that would be ok.

• Slit. Your. Throat.
  • Pip
Nukes are neat, I like nukes, but IMHO I believe the fact that more level 4 biological weapons facilities are being opened is more of a danger to all life on the planet than a couple of nukes. Oh, and the genetically modified foods and cross-species chimeras which have been created, and the revived 1918 Spanish influenza and all kinds of neat stuff getting misplaced. Also, depleted uranium deforming Iraqi babies and giving people all over the world cancer. Nukes are neat, but you need like... I dunno a friggin' B-52 to move them and an entire army to service them. Nukes are fun but there is scarier shit out there right now.

This has been a KK4 public service announcement.
  • Pretend Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
I read about this last weekend. It's kind of scary. Actually, it's really scary. At least everything worked out "OK" in the end.
  • Avatar of something bizarre and impractical
  • It's The Only Thing.
Nukes are neat, I like nukes, but IMHO I believe the fact that more level 4 biological weapons facilities are being opened is more of a danger to all life on the planet than a couple of nukes. Oh, and the genetically modified foods and cross-species chimeras which have been created, and the revived 1918 Spanish influenza and all kinds of neat stuff getting misplaced. Also, depleted uranium deforming Iraqi babies and giving people all over the world cancer. Nukes are neat, but you need like... I dunno a friggin' B-52 to move them and an entire army to service them. Nukes are fun but there is scarier shit out there right now.

This has been a KK4 public service announcement.

Right. Nukes are powerful and terrifying weapons, however they are predictable. Biological weapons on the other hand, once released, can become extremely unpredictable--with a potential of us not being able to stop it within a reasonable time frame.
  • SB is unaware that Dimmu sucks
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
chimaeras kk4 really?

i mean come on
--- Back when we were young and loved the internet....
  • Slit. Your. Throat.
  • Pip
Yes, really. Animals with DNA from other animals injected into their genetic code.They're called transgenic animals. The year is 2007 and we can do some amazing things. Perhaps you should read the news every once in a while, you may find something interesting.
  • Legio Morbidius
snails with giant poison fangs, people

will someone think of the children???

That’s right, you have the young gaming with the old(er), white people gaming with black people, men and women, Asian countries gaming with the EU, North Americans gaming with South Americans. Much like world sporting events like the Wolrd Cup, or the Olympics will bring together different nations in friendly competition, (note the recent Asian Cup; Iraq vs. Saudi Arabia, no violence there) we come together. The differences being, we are not divided by our nationalities and we do it 24-7, and on a personal level.

We are a community without borders and without colours, the spirit and diversity of the gaming community is one that should be looked up to, a spirit and diversity other groups should strive toward.
  • "Member," lol
Yes, really. Animals with DNA from other animals injected into their genetic code.They're called transgenic animals. The year is 2007 and we can do some amazing things. Perhaps you should read the news every once in a while, you may find something interesting.

While testing of super-viruses and biological weapons are extremely dangerous, I don't think that glow-in-the-dark aquarium fish, meat producing trees, and goats with spider's silk in their utters quite fall under the "OH SHIT" catagory that nuclear weapons do. Nukes are never "neat" and anything that is capable of destroying that much like can never be "fun." I'm sorry, but those kinds of comments are completely ridiculous.
Laugh it up, Fuzzball

I hate when people say that "Now That We Can Do X" when only some scientists actually did "X". It's not like everyone can do it and post a video on youtube so you too can do it. If I were a scientist I'd insert orange DNA insert a coco tree so that instead of coconut-water the coconuts contain orange juice. I'll win a nobel prize when I do that.

• Slit. Your. Throat.
  • Pip

I hate when people say that "Now That We Can Do X" when only some scientists actually did "X". It's not like everyone can do it and post a video on youtube so you too can do it. If I were a scientist I'd insert orange DNA insert a coco tree so that instead of coconut-water the coconuts contain orange juice. I'll win a nobel prize when I do that.

I mean "we" as in the human species as a whole, not "we" as in each individual. I just have to make the point that we are living in a time a incredible scientific discovery even if not everyone is aware of these advances.

While testing of super-viruses and biological weapons are extremely dangerous, I don't think that glow-in-the-dark aquarium fish, meat producing trees, and goats with spider's silk in their utters quite fall under the "OH SHIT" catagory that nuclear weapons do. Nukes are never "neat" and anything that is capable of destroying that much like can never be "fun." I'm sorry, but those kinds of comments are completely ridiculous.

Nukes are fucking neat as hell and you know it. The awesome destructive power which is contained in a single atom which can wipe entire cities off of the map in a fraction of a split second is the neatest thing that I have ever heard of.

Quote from:  dictionary.com
neat 1
–adjective
4.   cleverly effective in character or execution: a neat scheme; a neat solution.

One warhead annihilating millions of enemies, billions of dollars industry and infrastructure, and tons of arms and armaments in a single instant is motherfucking NEAT!

However, you happen to need a nation-state with advanced technology and billions of dollars for a nuclear program (unless you're given nukes by the US or Russia) and only the superpowers and their client states have that capability. A biological weapon is far more "OH SHIT" than a nuke because it is easy to make (in relation to nukes or other armaments) easily deployed and the effects are terrible. Also, crossing DNA between species is dangerous as it can give rise to super viruses that can cross the species barrier. Hell bird flu (H5N1 iirc) could cross the species barrier and OMG KILL US ALL, and I don't want to make that jump easier by making a flock of genetically engineered geese with human DNA. Also, crossing species DNA makes totally new proteins and amino-acids, and different compounds which have never existed in the entire evolutionary history of earth which could cause massive problems if they managed to infect the global genepool. It's just not a smart idea at all.
Sure KK4, killing a lot of people and poisoning the environment forever is a very cool thing!

• Legio Morbidius

NEAT!