Topic: [WIP] Chain Game 4 (Erave: Final Chapter) 12/30 (Read 41834 times)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
I think we can agree never to rely on Mirthless again!

edit: just joshing ya bro, thanks RPG!

edit2: Now if we could just get Erave to change the name of this topic to let everyone know that the damn thing is, in fact, done.
Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 02:01:14 am by Kaempfer
The Misadventures of Crimebot
  • Kaiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
edit2: Now if we could just get Erave to change the name of this topic to let everyone know that the damn thing is, in fact, done.
just ask Drule to change it
  • Lord of Hotmogs
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
It's not really done, right now it ends in some map error. Someone should at least add a screen saying "THE END" or whatever. Additionally, someone (Mirthless?) already did some maps for the credits sequence, so we might use those as well.
A suggestion for the next person who edits this game
  • I Love Myself
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Disregard this, I can't work on it tomorrow :(
Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 09:26:54 am by Kitsune Inferno
[insert something here]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
A suggestion for the next person who edits this game

Yeah, it DIDN'T but apparently I mistook a character's gender and whoever fixed it only fixed about 80% of the references, so there are a lot of "his" when it should be "her". There are also a few bugs added into my chapter, I guess to balance all the bugs that were taken out. :>
Dear God, by chapter 10, I completely lost track of whose side everyone was on.  But then chapter 11 came along and proved that I could certainly be even more confused than I already was.  There's so many challenging puzzles in this game, and wrapping them all up in chapter 12 will be the most challenging puzzle of all.

I almost wanted to put an end to the curse myself, but there's no way I can explain the events I saw in the last two chapters.  Maybe if I re-read everything a few times and make some notes.
Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 04:04:45 am by Lackeos
  • SPECIAL EFFECTS
  • PipPipPipPip
Note: initially, David was to be a detective, solving a murder mystery. Of course, instead, I didn't have enough time to do something longer and my chapter took a turn for the real, but you can try to use that idea if it helps.
Note: initially, David was to be a detective, solving a murder mystery. Of course, instead, I didn't have enough time to do something longer and my chapter took a turn for the real, but you can try to use that idea if it helps.

That's good to know.  With a lot of these chapters, the twists make me wonder how the next chapter can possibly pick-up from here.  With the way your chapter ended... man, ending the game is gonna be tough for whoever does it.  Also...
Btw, can I edit this game in RM2K just fine?  I mean, I can open it, edit it, and play it in RM2K, but I'm just wondering if any complications arise when you edit and save an RM2K3 game in RM2K, and then post it for people to play in RM2K3 again.
Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 10:57:07 pm by Lackeos
  • Caboose
  • PipPipPip
With a lot of these chapters, the twists make me wonder how the next chapter can possibly pick-up from here.
A pie fight! ..I don't know, I'm still downloading it.

Quote from: Evangel
You can't run from your past, S4D. YOU CAN'T RUN FROM YOUR PAST!
  • SPECIAL EFFECTS
  • PipPipPipPip
That's good to know.  With a lot of these chapters, the twists make me wonder how the next chapter can possibly pick-up from here.  With the way your chapter ended... man, ending the game is gonna be tough for whoever does it.  Also...
Btw, can I edit this game in RM2K just fine?  I mean, I can open it, edit it, and play it in RM2K, but I'm just wondering if any complications arise when you edit and save an RM2K3 game in RM2K, and then post it for people to play in RM2K3 again.

Sometimes editing in 2k can make the menus weird, I think. I'm not sure actually.

Also, basically, do whatever you want, I broke the plot on purpose, because the game is not really made in the style of a chain game, more like a wannabe community game. Put whatever you want in the last chapter--use your own styles, add your own flavor.
  • Split into many...
  • PipPip
I was gonna come in here and lol at the fact that this still isn't done, yet is still so active.

But then I read this.
Now if we could just get Erave to change the name of this topic to let everyone know that the damn thing is, in fact, done.

and then I read this...
It's not really done, right now it ends in some map error. Someone should at least add a screen saying "THE END" or whatever.

lol

I really hope this gets finished though. I've never followed the game, or have desired to, but after all of this time, I'd love to know what it is. Also, do you think more time has been spent on the game, or dealing with this topic and individuals who somehow compromise the systematics of the game getting done efficiently?
Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 03:38:23 am by Doppleganger
Also, do you think more time has been spent on the game, or dealing with this topic and individuals who somehow compromise the systematics of the game getting done efficiently?

Mostly people committing to program the next chapter, and then 4 months later they might say "Sorry, my internet's been shut off for 4 months," "Sorry, I forgot about Gaming World," "Sorry, I'm busy with classes now," etc..  It's uncanny how smoothly the first 85% of the game was made, and how problematic it became towards the end.  If there's ever a Chain Game 5, here's two things I would change about the organization...

a)  There would be a notepad that keeps track of who is alive, who is dead, who is aligned with which organization, who has secret motives, etc..  That way, you can review all of the facts in two minutes, instead of the 5 hours or however long it takes to play through the game.
b)  There needs to be some fail-safes against people dropping the ball.  For example, when someone completes their chapter, they should need to send the game to everybody (everyone ahead of them in line, the person running the project, the second in charge of running the project, etc.), and they should need to make some sort of status update in the forum to prove that they aren't dead, internet shut down, computer broke, etc..
c)  By sending the game to everyone ahead of you in line, it gives them the chance to play through each chapter as it happens and keep current with the progress of the game.  That way, when it's someone's turn to make the next chapter, they don't have to start from scratch and play through the whole game to get caught-up.
  • I Love Myself
  • PipPipPipPipPip
If no one has this finished by Sunday, I'll pick it up then, as I'll be off work those next two days. :) I've got an ending in mind already that should tie everything up. :)
[insert something here]
  • Call me Fid, just Fid.
  • Pip
I'm sorry but I'm a senior in computer science taking 18 credits of 5000-level classes. I have absolutely NO time to dedicate to this. The only reason I asked for the game to be sent to me was because I had like 2 weeks off, which I used to solve the infinite amount of bugs, typos, mapping, etc... Nobody else wanted to take it so I tried to finish it but obviously I CANT, I HAVE NO TIME.
I even made a script for the last chapter:

So you say not to rely on me but I was the only one that actually touched the game at all... Personally, I think we should just leave the game as it is and leave the ending for open interpretation. Everyone can make up their own endings just like I did above.

PS: The credits were done by Erave, remove my name from that map. I put my name in there because I was going to finish them, but obviously I didn't.
Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 08:43:40 pm by Mirthless
Standing up for what I believe in, even if it means standing alone.
  • Comrade!
  • PipPipPip
I had like 2 weeks off, which I used to solve the infinite amount of bugs, typos, mapping, etc... Nobody else wanted to take it so I tried to finish it but obviously I CANT, I HAVE NO TIME.

We appreicate the work you've done with the error fixing so no need to appologise! I'm just glad to have the chance to play it.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Perhaps in the future, don't SIT ON THE FUCKING THING FOR A YEAR Mirthless. If all you have time to do is fix bugs, then fix bugs and we will all give you epic high fives and move on the next person. Don't keep asking for more time and assuring us you're going to finish it or something or whatever.

I understand having a hella busy schedule but there is no excuse for "don't worry guys I'll finish it I can do it!" over and over again and then saying "HEY I JUST DON'T HAVE ANY TIME OK!?!". Choose one or the other, send it on, and we'll credit it for the work you did.

edit: and don't me a facetious "sorry", either, like you're so damn hard done by
  • SPECIAL EFFECTS
  • PipPipPipPip
Nooooo way to fuck everything up
  • Call me Fid, just Fid.
  • Pip
Perhaps in the future, don't SIT ON THE FUCKING THING FOR A YEAR Mirthless. If all you have time to do is fix bugs, then fix bugs and we will all give you epic high fives and move on the next person. Don't keep asking for more time and assuring us you're going to finish it or something or whatever.

I understand having a hella busy schedule but there is no excuse for "don't worry guys I'll finish it I can do it!" over and over again and then saying "HEY I JUST DON'T HAVE ANY TIME OK!?!". Choose one or the other, send it on, and we'll credit it for the work you did.

edit: and don't me a facetious "sorry", either, like you're so damn hard done by

You don't understand. I didn't really sit on it for a year, there was NOBODY TO PASS IT TO, NOBODY. I asked several times. Upon seeing that, I tried to complete it myself but obviously was not able to. I did try "sending it on". In the end I said I was going to release the game as it was if nobody took it. Nobody did. The game was released without an ending. GG at least it WAS released and its a solid experience imo. Who knows if the game would have even ever been released if I hadn't taken it from Erave?

Chipotle you wanna know a way to fuck everything up? Play your chapter lulz
Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 03:57:11 pm by Mirthless
Standing up for what I believe in, even if it means standing alone.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Chipotle you wanna know a way to fuck everything up? Play your chapter lulz

Hahaha all is forgiven!