Movies The Incredible Hulk (Read 1338 times)

• Mysterious Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
The Incredible Hulk

So Hollywood is at it again! The Hulk is coming back to the big screen, although not a sequel or a remake. This is just like Batman Begins, The Incredible Hulk is re-launching the franchise, ignoring Ang Lee's version with Eric Bana. Instead, Edward Norton plays the greenish scientist along with Liv Tyler as his girlfriend, William Hurt as General Ross and finally Tim Roth has a role. Oh and yeah... Robert Downey Jr. makes a short appearance as Tony Stark (Ironman).

Marvel didn't seem to be too happy about how "Hulk" did at the boxoffice and decided to give it another go with a totally new crew. The first teaser trailer was released last night (can be viewed at the link in the end of this post), showing the Hulk going against Abomination (aka wannabe-Berserker from Gears of War).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7ezY13V7Ws <--- Trailer

What do you think? Batman Begins didn't touch a ruined franchise in nearly 8 years. The Incredible Hulk re-starts things from a film that was hardly a mess, just pretty darn boring. The trailer looks kinda tame in my opinion and I don't see Bruce Banner, I see Edward Norton. At least Ang Lee was smart enough to cast someone who was somewhat unknown at the time.
Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 11:06:51 pm by Liman
Ock ock, Ack ack!
Beware of the cursed monkey spit!
  • HEEEEERRRREEE'S JOHNNY!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
EDWARD NORTON

Seriously, that is so wrong. What has gotten into him? He makes good movies and plays such interesting characters; American History X, Primal Fear, Fight Club, Down in the Valley, The Illusionist. But THIS?
Me and Tom Under the Boardwalk ... there is so much fun to have under the boardwalk
  • What, me worry?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Man, I went to the panel for this at Comic-Con and Edward Norton is the most over talented person on earth.

He kept repeating "I WROTE THE SCREENPLAY" "SINCE I WROTE THE SCREENPLAY" "MY SCREENPLAY".

I've been waiting for this for a REALLY long time, and I'm pretty excited, not as much now. As Strangeluv said, Edward Norton ended up just being EDWARD NORTON as usual. Theres nothing that seems to separate his performance in this from Fight Club. I love the TV series, and I loved the fact that they claim they were going to make it more like the television show, but really, this looks nothing like that besides some ORIGIN stuff.

I loved how Edward Norton fell down onto the streets, but I really hate the whole HULK IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN SAVE US ALL. All I saw from the end portion of the fight in the trailer is MATRIX REVELATIONS SHOWDOWN WITH TWO BIG MONSTERS.

"THEY WANT IT AS A WEAPON. IF WE LET IT GO WE WILL NEVER GET IT BACK."

This has nothing on Speed Racer.
Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 11:25:59 pm by McLovin
  • ?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
EDWARD NORTON

Seriously, that is so wrong. What has gotten into him? He makes good movies and plays such interesting characters; American History X, Primal Fear, Fight Club, Down in the Valley, The Illusionist. But THIS?

I think Edward Norton should be pretty alright actually. I dunno. He seems to fit the role. I'm a bit sick of

YES
IT'S MY SCREENPLAY
MY SCREENPLAY
I AM THE MAIN CHARACTER
NOW BEND OVER AND TAKE IT

but y'know, that comes with the territory.
  • Hardcore.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I thought the last Hulk movie was pretty bad, and I was excited to learn that they were starting over with the new one.  However, I'm not really so excited after seeing the trailer for some reason.  It seems like it gives away the entire movie.  I feel like if I go to see this film now, I'm going to be bored for most of the movie because they're just going though all the stuff in an hour that the trailer did in two minutes.
The Hulk TV series was terrible.  It was just a guy going around and for five or so minutes every episode he would turn green and throw some extortionists or drug lords into piles of boxes, just like every other show at the time.
Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 04:13:23 am by Man-O-War
Admiral Robert E Lee: From an alternate reality in which the United States is an archipelago and the Civil War is fought at sea.
  • Chronic asshole syndrome
  • PipPipPipPip
i dont really know how the hulk can be made into something good at all, im sure some comic book "enthusiast" will be all over me for this...but yeah the other movie was shit and all but i dont see how it can be made into anything resembling  a good movie.
  • Worthless Protoplasm
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
The Hulk TV series was terrible.  It was just a guy going around and for five or so minutes every episode he would turn green and throw some extortionists or drug lords into piles of boxes, just like every other show at the time.

AT A WAREHOUSE

IN PASADENA (or maybe not)
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/

• Mysterious Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
i dont see how it can be made into anything resembling  a good movie.

Knowing that the director, Louis Leterrier, only made three previous films it's hard to think that this movie will be any good. He made Transporter 1 & 2 and Danny the Dog. Like I said on irc last night: Does anyone seriously think he can do better than Ang Lee? Perhaps the script is better this time around but in the hands of someone without much experience, I'd say it looks like it's going down the drain.
Ock ock, Ack ack!
DANNY THE DOG AKA UNLEASHED

Actually, Liman, I'll be fair. Ang Lee's films are more emotion-oriented and less action-oriented, like The Ice Storm, Sense and Sensibility, Brokeback Mountain, Lust Caution.. he also made Crouching Tiger, though. Louis Leterrier seems to have an affinity to directing action movies (Transporter 1 and 2, Unleashed) and people seemed to like those films a lot (action lovers anyway), so you never know, he might do a better job.
Me and Tom Under the Boardwalk ... there is so much fun to have under the boardwalk
  • No, it doesn't stand for anything.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Edward Norton? Why Edward Norton!? I don't think he really fits the role at all.

They should've just cast Robin Williams or something.
SERIOUSLY, EDWARD NORTON. That is like the worst casting call!
  • Mysterious Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
DANNY THE DOG AKA UNLEASHED

Actually, Liman, I'll be fair. Ang Lee's films are more emotion-oriented and less action-oriented, like The Ice Storm, Sense and Sensibility, Brokeback Mountain, Lust Caution.. he also made Crouching Tiger, though. Louis Leterrier seems to have an affinity to directing action movies (Transporter 1 and 2, Unleashed) and people seemed to like those films a lot (action lovers anyway), so you never know, he might do a better job.

While this is true, neither of Leterrier's films have been good. Just because you can make action scenes doesn't mean you're a good director. Can anyone say Michael Bay?
Ock ock, Ack ack!
He did Transformers though and a lot of people seemed pleased with it (hated Transformers)
  • Mysterious Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
He did Transformers though and a lot of people seemed pleased with it (hated Transformers)

Of course people can enjoy an action film. I enjoyed Transformers even though I admit it's a pretty bad movie. Michael Bay makes bad movies that entertains. I'm sure The Incredible Hulk will entertain as well... it still looks like garbage though.
Ock ock, Ack ack!
I sincerely doubt The Hulk was supposed to be anything terribly deep. Is it? I don't read comics and haven't watched much of the old TV show (which was basically The Hulk mutating and beating up bad guys). It does look bad but I'm just trying to be fair.
  • i don't like change
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Yeah, I'm kinda suprised you guys are talking about how the Hulk is going to be a bad movie. I would think that Ang Lee has already proven that the Hulk just doesn't work when you try to make a "good" movie from it.

The way I see it, the Hulk is finally back in his element, and this looks like a bad movie I can enjoy (Although, after sitting through Underworld 2 and not walking out, I think I could enjoy any bad movie).
  • Insane teacher
I sincerely doubt The Hulk was supposed to be anything terribly deep. Is it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incredible_Hulk:_The_End:_The_Last_Titan
brian chemicals
  • What, me worry?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I sincerely doubt The Hulk was supposed to be anything terribly deep. Is it? I don't read comics and haven't watched much of the old TV show (which was basically The Hulk mutating and beating up bad guys). It does look bad but I'm just trying to be fair.
Like Omega listed, alot of the GOOD hulk works, such as the recent Hulk run up to Planet Hulk is some DEEP and DEPRESSING shit.
  • Worthless Protoplasm
I thought Danny the Dog was pretty awesome

and like half of that movie wasn't even action, more like a drama or something
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/

• Master of Puppets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Isn't it too soon for them to make another Hulk?

Why?

Exactly,

It's like Edward Norton thinks everyone in the world has such a short attention span that they don't remember a movie that was made like 4 years ago.