Topic: The Screenshot Topic (Read 106133 times)

• Pip
  • Group: Member
Aptos Adventures 2:

AA1
AA2[img]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i154/nickmasterx/aa2cover-1.png[/img
  • BUY YAOI TV! =D
Nice, gnome race :D
I should download AA2, haven't played it since my old computer exploded bits and bytes.
  • Star ninja and Québec random guy of GW
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member

Added a death counter in the background of every level. Is it easy to see? Does it distract too much from the level?

Kinda does but at the same time it adds to the challenge. The more you die the harder it gets.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Finally getting around to doing some sprites and stuff.

The battle background is a bit odd as the doors are a bit thinner than the girls are, but I'll be fixing this later once I get a good idea for how I want the bgs to look. First I'd like to finish spriting the characters.

EDIT- Now that I've posted it, I think I've forgotten to give the enemies a shadow. Will do this!
Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 06:13:06 am by Ocean's Dream
http://dev.oceansdream.net
  • Newbie Greeter
  • PipPipPip
Kinda does but at the same time it adds to the challenge. The more you die the harder it gets.
It may have been misleading with the 182, but there will always be 3 digits in a background. It's just if you have under 100 deaths, that far left space shows a '0'. Also, Plat. has been released and is in the full games section.

@Ocean's Dream: That looks very good (except for the lack of shadows, which you already mentioned). I think the 'HP' and 'MP' should be a little lower though.
  • Is this the face of a guy you can trust !?
  • PipPipPipPip
@OD
It seems that you get sprite ideas from skie's (Summon Nights). Looking pretty good so far - and good to see you still working in Rm2k3. Imo, the System set (Hp/Mp/action) looks good enough (I really like the numbers... 'font'(?), fits well with the cartoony theme of the game). Too low and it might block the faceset.

Also, I hate adding shadows for sprites (thinking/making the shapes of the shadows to match the monster/hero really bugs me a lot).
Sprites and Stuff
  • The Lone Warrior - Jaffer The Battousai

The CBS is still in "early development" (not really but there are no sprites so it looks fairly early-stagely).  I disabled the monsters for this run, since I wanted to test a few things out.  If you hear the music cut it's because I cut out the variable editting parts (testing critical hit rates, dex rates, passive skill activation).
Note: <Fatal Strike> is an ascended skill which has a 10% chance to instantly slay a foe.  It only activates during a random encounter.
Chakra Spindle Progress ~
CMS - 99% (What if something happens!)
CBS - ~5% - Mostly just (really poor) sprite work!

Desperately in need of a spriter~
  • mmmrh
This thing was abandoned but I decided to spruce it up by adding in soundclips from Hokuto no Ken.
  • Comrade!
Some last screens of my RM2K project "Nebulus"
Release should be in January

• Fuckin' A.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
NO RELEASE IT NOW (it looks great)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
@thernz: That looks amazing!
The Misadventures of Crimebot
  • A Toast!
  • PipPipPipPip
@thernz

How many side-scrollers do you have? You should just combine them all into one and release it under the title "Pan and the Chinese Vampire's Excellent Adventures"

@koaangel

Nice nice nice

Have a totally risque and semi nsfw screenie:

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
It looks like someone uppercut her in the left boob and then took a picture really quickly before gravity kicked in.

The shading is backwards!
The Misadventures of Crimebot
  • A Toast!
  • PipPipPipPip
Well it's more like her head's in a whacky position that's actually physically impossible unless her neck's really looooooooooooooooong.

:fogetshrug:
  • Cold-Souled Sovereign of the Night Blades
  • PipPipPipPip

Progress on TfZ II: SA is steady, and work has begun on one of the main trade capitals of the world. A town that shares the name of the game, Zilmurik, is the trade capital of the Western Continent. Our heroes will first walk upon its lands after sailing from their home village to the south. No other information on this town is currently available.
Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 10:49:14 pm by Corfaisus
  • Rurouni
  • PipPipPipPip
@Hima: Thank you, the 3d scene is part of the intro movie.
@Thernz: What was this game made in? Looks great.
@Koaangle: Looks great. Lots of pretty screens guys.

Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 02:01:43 am by Sanosuke

~Click~
  • Comrade!
  • PipPip
Well it's more like her head's in a whacky position that's actually physically impossible unless her neck's really looooooooooooooooong.

It's anime. Anatomy doesn't apply.
  • Militaryman and self-learned game maker
Some last screens of my RM2K project "Nebulus"
Release should be in January

http://www.koa-portal.de/bilder/nebulus07.png

http://www.koa-portal.de/bilder/nebulus08.png

http://www.koa-portal.de/bilder/nebulus10.png

Are these custom? Because they're pretty amazing.

Catch me if you can!  Be one of the first three people to quote me in this topic! You could win $30 in indie games!
  • Stand back, dragon! Do not touch her!
@Jaffer: Looks all right for early development, but I think you should show us the enemies getting turns, as well.  Fatal Strike sounds broken, but I don't exactly know the mechanics of your game, either.   :o

@Thernz: Dude, you abandoned THAT?  It was amazing.  o_O;

@koaangel: You made that in RM2k, huh?  Now I'm all curious as to how it plays...  Most people can't seem to program their way out of a paper bag in RM2k, after all, so it'll be interesting to see how you've pulled this off.

@Corfaisus: I like it, but I think I've seen more epic mapping from you.  It's a civilized place, though, so I guess you can't go too crazy.   ​

@Sanosuke: Your game...intrigues me.  What are you coding it in?

@Captain Goodluck: The maps are mostly Metroid graphics, particularly from the two GBA games.  The submarine is from Yoshi's Island...  Not sure about the enemies, but I do recognize a few as rips.
Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 05:32:21 pm by Mineyl
  • i don't like change
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Yeah, but the other guy's description is what made me notice it that way.

If it's really that important for her to be looking down from that angle, then you gotta draw her body looking down too. Draw her body looking out, then it can't help but obscure her face (unless you like slicing off breasts, it's gotta be one or the other).

Judging from the freakishly foreshortened arms, It looks like she's supposed to be taking her picture with a camera phone or something, and there are plenty of people with pictures on myspace you can use for reference. You could probably do fine just tracing one at a lower resolution and basing your sprite on that.
Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 05:41:39 pm by Bat #2