Topic: The Screenshot Topic (Read 106132 times)

• Angel of wavering tides.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
To quote the video description of the following video:

"Another video to show the latest project I've been working on using RPG Maker 2003, and it is entitled "Eternal Paradise."

This is a mini-boss. You'll fight these every now-and-then throughout the various stages. They're much easier than the "major" boss battles of the game, and are also more frequent. They're just a single (or a set of) enemy(s) that stand in the players way of reaching their destination--a road block. They have no real purpose other than to pose a (sometimes) slightly better challenge than the surrounding enemies.

This mini-boss battle occurs a bit after the mid-way point of the game, and as a result has this new tune to reflect its "serious, urgent, and epic" atmosphere."

Check out Eternal Paradise, my latest RPG Maker 2003 project, over at RMN!
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1914/
  • "When you're bound by your own convictions, a discipline can be your addiction."
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Ephiam - I think that song might be a little grating. Maybe it is because you transition into it from the majestic sweep of SOTN music, but it just felt really out of place to me.

I was bored tonight, so I cut together a brief little clip of one of my current works in progress.

Yes, I do know how to spell Hemorrhage, but the character limit wasn't in a very accommodating mood.

Vagrancy - Be careful who you wake up in a twenty four hour parking lot.

His name was Not Johnny -  A young man becomes a sort of superhero after a crippling injury. He
  • Pick up that can!
  • Group: Member
I finished the Party changer system and fully compleated the Caterpillar system which now recognisers what position they are in the party.

Also the Sigh see gauge on the top left is having a redesign to better fit the game.
  • Super Saiyan Sam
  • PipPipPip
Gongo that's the best looking city I've seen in a RMgame so far.

One suggestion you should try: you make the screen all gray when you open the menu, right? How about making it just a bit darker as well?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
@7LegionArmy: I am excited that you are still working on that!

@KillerWolf: Looks good. I spot a bunch of unfinished animations, though!

@Gongo: Really nice. I know how hard it is to edit Theo chips, so it's nice to see something so comprehensive.
The Misadventures of Crimebot
  • I am also known as jimmy7512
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
@Killer Wolf: Pretty awesome, combat tutorial more games should have these!
RMN Profile
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1446/?p=2#posts

GameJolt Profile
http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/action/zombie-outbreak/830/

@7LegionArmy: Drawing in iso is not that easy. It would look a lot better with more texture/shading, but this is already great as it is.

@KillerWolf: Very funny tutorial, realist animations. I can't wait to play that - (looks like it will be a while?)

@Gongo: I don't know why, but it gives off like this cyberpunk FF6-style(mapping, not drawing) town. Maybe I played it too much yesterday. But I'm looking forward to this.
Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 07:04:19 pm by busterblade123
  • Comrade!
Your right busterblade I need to learn to take more time. Im a decent line artist i need to start learning to be more versed in dithering im sure that would change alot of the art.
  • Avatar of `~congresman Ron paul~~
  • Legio Morbidius
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
jesus christ you guys are dicks. stop trying to run off the people doing interesting projects

That’s right, you have the young gaming with the old(er), white people gaming with black people, men and women, Asian countries gaming with the EU, North Americans gaming with South Americans. Much like world sporting events like the Wolrd Cup, or the Olympics will bring together different nations in friendly competition, (note the recent Asian Cup; Iraq vs. Saudi Arabia, no violence there) we come together. The differences being, we are not divided by our nationalities and we do it 24-7, and on a personal level.

We are a community without borders and without colours, the spirit and diversity of the gaming community is one that should be looked up to, a spirit and diversity other groups should strive toward.
@7LegionArmy: I agree that you are more than capable if you have more time. Drawing in iso is time-consuming in editing- like you have to make sure it actually looks matched up to other objects. But if you feel like you need to concentrate on making the bases, then that's better.
Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 12:34:26 am by busterblade123
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Yes I agree with ron paulo in that 7legionarmy's game looks good the way it is. I'd say amazing, really! There is a lot of detail in the graphics, they're just not textured yet. Texturing can always come later if it's even going to come at all, it looks fine the way it is. It's all consistent, anyways. Don't be jerks!
The Misadventures of Crimebot
  • Khezus are monstrous Hikkikomoris X_X
@Calunio: I can feel the clubbin' atmosphere on your current screenshot today! How I wish you can bring up a "video tour" on one of your maps sometime :3

Love Is Blind
Khezu x Gigginox
  • Pick up that can!
Gongo that's the best looking city I've seen in a RMgame so far.

One suggestion you should try: you make the screen all gray when you open the menu, right? How about making it just a bit darker as well?

Hows this?
  • Split into many...
  • PipPip
We  just pushed our game live!

I was/am the lead artist on this (ongoing) Zynga (farmville, mafiawars) project, and it has been quite a crazy experience thus far. I've learned a ton about what it means to be a manager/director in these short three months, and no doubt sharpened some art and flash skills along the way. I don't personally believe that these social games are all that fun, but I do think that our team did a good job at making it as enjoyable as possible. I encourage you all to check it out, and share your opinions through review on facebook, or here, or wherever.

http://apps.facebook.com/treasureisle/

• Super Saiyan Sam
  • PipPipPip
Hows this?
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/9524/screenshot6j.png

I think it looks better... probably a nice effect ingame.
  • It's that guy that nobody likes!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Shit Doppleganger , those maps look tight!

...Damn, should I play this tonight? But...I have homework! And I haven't touched my own projects in 15 days and I miss them!!!

Tomorrow then!  :fogetsmile:

Happy 1st Anniversary - MONOPOLO!
Released April 2nd, 2009 - Right Here, On GW!

• One who desires power..
  • PipPipPip
I was always pissed that there were almost no good RMXP tilesets with SNES feel, so I decided to make my own tileset:

Believe it or not, this is on RMXP.
  • Khezus are monstrous Hikkikomoris X_X
You resized that one?

Love Is Blind
Khezu x Gigginox
  • One who desires power..
  • PipPipPip
Uh yeah, it was pretty easy if you ask me, but took alot of time to make, besides, mixing tilesets with RMXP is fun :D
  • Super Saiyan Sam
  • PipPipPip
@Calunio: I can feel the clubbin' atmosphere on your current screenshot today! How I wish you can bring up a "video tour" on one of your maps sometime :3

Thanks, that's exactly what I was going for!
As for a video tour... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmv8pRXLvVk
A bit outdated, though.