Topic: The Screenshot Topic (Read 106133 times)

• VILLAIN
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator

also some alternative graphics:

whoa dada what's going on here ??
nothin
Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 10:37:50 pm by Dada
  • Fuckin' A.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-[/i][/color]
  • It's Me, Picasso
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Come on, Dada, what is it you're showing us- what tale are you weaving?
Everyone has the right to be himself; wise men know how to,when, and whether to navigate the boundary between their rights and those of others when they collide.
  • Bushido Brown
  • PipPip
eh.
. .  .   salty is right
  • DragonSlayer o_O
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
wow gr8  :fogetgasp:
Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 09:16:48 am by Dada
To Never Be Known Is The Worst Death
  • Pip
nickmasterx are you an earthbound fan I just figured RPG CLAY MODELS but maybe not.

that last mockup screen is glorious

also weird touch having the two gnomes have different graphics. I think it adds something like it actually looks like GROUP of enemies and not just a bunch of canned graphics rpg maker 2000 lets you place the enemies in any random spot but it just eliminates the cool-looking symmetry of final fantasies and dragon warrior enemy groups. Having unique graphics for each guy definitely gives it that extra touch that actually makes the 'place enemies anywhere' feature actually worthwhile. For a second it looked like you designed the enemy graphics so NEGATIVE SPACE relative to each other but maybe not it just looked nice enough. Somebody should do that as a feature in one of those few 2d RPGs left - like it's the same enemy type like an group of ogres but they're in this battle formation or just whatever looks natural and each drawing is unique and it's like something out of some war painting like a freeze-frame effect

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/photos-kansas/CivilWar.jpg whatever

Edit: That honestly confuses my brain like Dragon Quest had some enemy sprite that was two enemies in one like TWEEDLEDEE TWEEDLEDUM but you just attack it as one entity or the final bosses from Final Fantasy VI  Thunder and Storm from Earthbound attacking a group of guys treated as one entity confuses my brain

I think Final Fantasy also had an enemy sprite which was like an army of little midgits but they all take damage as one guy

Yeah I'm a huge Earthbound/Mother fan I think its one of the best jRPGs ever made.
It's kind of too late to do clay heroes, I have way to many animations. I think
its fine that the enemies look different, there's many games that do this,
in Final Fantasy 6 enemies are pixels but they have a different style than
the heroes.

Does anyone have a link to the Japanese version of Rm2k3? I want to translate my games to Japanese (Japanese major) I'm going to the Boston Career Forum on October 22nd and I want to have something to show Square Enix that I can do localization.
Would this even work to just import my project to the japanese version?

No offense to anyone making RPG Maker games, but the Japanese RPG Maker games are way more unique than your games. Like Yume Nikki.
I think everyone should try to make something more unique. I can't take RPG Maker games seriously when its like a generic Final Fantasy ripoff # 9000.
Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 05:30:39 pm by nickmasterx
AA1
AA2[img]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i154/nickmasterx/aa2cover-1.png[/img
  • Worthless Protoplasm
the above post sounds like 'lol japan are pretty coolguys and better than americas' but the rpg maker scene in japan does seem kind of cool like it seems like a fairly nice outlet for creative people who can't get a job at Squaresoft or whatever. They also don't seem very hung up on MAKE EVERYTHING FINAL FANTASY/ANIME contrary to what you would assume. at least the batch of games I saw was like that. Like very crude but everybody seemed to do at least some custom graphics from scratch (I assume all decent graphic sets like Mack and Blue are known about in and outside of japan?)

but we invented targ and we have chain games so fuck japan yeah yeah

also it's unfair to judge japan against all English language games because some europe games seem pretty good. Like every German game I've seen is absolutely insane
Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 02:15:04 am by Ragnar
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/

• Stand back, dragon! Do not touch her!
Wow, Dada...  I remember those screens (or something almost exactly like them) from years ago.  I recognize the windows and the font and that "Somewhere in the world" in the location display...

Ah, memories.  I assume that that project of long, long ago is seeing life once again?
  • Cold-Souled Sovereign of the Night Blades
  • PipPipPipPip
No offense to anyone making RPG Maker games, but the Japanese RPG Maker games are way more unique than your games. Like Yume Nikki.
I think everyone should try to make something more unique. I can't take RPG Maker games seriously when its like a generic Final Fantasy ripoff # 9000.

All because something is unique does not mean that it's good. Case in point, I couldn't even stand Yume Nikki. Big empty maps with no clear indication of a way out nor direction = terrible game design. This is the problem with most games that promote their custom graphics/systems. Such games, at their core, do nothing new with the systems, and even more fall back on those systems to make their games any good while everything else suffers.

I would much rather play a Final Fantasy fangame using RTP graphics and music that was highly entertaining, well put together, complete with a compelling storyline than "Hey, look at my menus! Oh, my game? Bah, I just took the tree graphic and put them symmetrically in a square for this one map. Go back and drool at that amazing battle system I slaved over for 7 months."
  • It's Me, Picasso
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
To each his own.
Everyone has the right to be himself; wise men know how to,when, and whether to navigate the boundary between their rights and those of others when they collide.
  • TV people want to leave
I would much rather play a Final Fantasy fangame using RTP graphics and music that was highly entertaining, well put together, complete with a compelling storyline than "Hey, look at my menus! Oh, my game? Bah, I just took the tree graphic and put them symmetrically in a square for this one map. Go back and drool at that amazing battle system I slaved over for 7 months."

you act like you can't have both.  i'd rather play neither of these.
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • PipPipPipPip
you act like you can't have both.  i'd rather play neither of these.

For the sake of the post, I left it at those. I have never seen a game that did everything well while making use of great custom graphics and systems. Maybe I'm just not that fortunate.
why do people make these slanted arguments, "i would rather play good gam with x properties than bad gam with y properties" like whatever dude. I am sure RTP dragon quest 3 clone #2367 will entertain you because the numbers are slightly different. I would much rather play through space funeral while stoned or something.
  • Pip
I'm sorry, I'm making generalizations. I just noticed because of its ease of use, the quality of RPG Maker games is very inconsistent. If you look at other Makers like Adventure Game Studio, by and large most of the games are of very consistently high quality IMO.
Also most of the French Rpgmaker games I've seen have incredible graphics. Are the French required to learn Art in school or something?
lol, anyway, I think since I can't find the Japanese version of Rm2k3 and the possibility of my project transferring is nil,
I'm going to make a video then use subtitles in Japanese. Besides, translating the entire game would take FOREVER.
AA1
AA2[img]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i154/nickmasterx/aa2cover-1.png[/img
  • Bushido Brown
  • PipPip
he's just picky. leave it be Nick.
. .  .   salty is right
  • PipPipPipPip
why do people make these slanted arguments, "i would rather play good gam with x properties than bad gam with y properties" like whatever dude. I am sure RTP dragon quest 3 clone #2367 will entertain you because the numbers are slightly different. I would much rather play through space funeral while stoned or something.

Probably because it's more realistic than "Would you rather play a game made by a five year old in two weeks or a game with flawless, exciting custom battle and menu systems with a perfect storyline, balancing, pacing, characters, etc. that was actually finished (impossible)?", and they're a damn good way to put a point across if relevant to the discussion at hand.
Probably because it's more realistic than "Would you rather play a game made by a five year old in two weeks or a game with flawless, exciting custom battle and menu systems with a perfect storyline, balancing, pacing, characters, etc. that was actually finished (impossible)?", and they're a damn good way to put a point across if relevant to the discussion at hand.

hi nobody said anything about PERFECTION.  there's plenty of people like thecatamites making really awesome games.  there's no reason to play ff remake rm2k or w/e your other example was.  both are shit, but there's good things out there so there's no reason to settle for garbage.  what if every rm2k game is one piece of garbage vs the other type of garbage you proposed?  then don't play either.  there are fantastic indie games out there there's no reason to settle for one because you GOTTA play rm2k games specifically
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • Now it's Time for Change. Now I'm Horus.
  • PipPip
what language is that?
BRRING! BRRING!
  • Now it's Time for Change. Now I'm Horus.
  • PipPip
what language is that?
Czech language.