Topic: [ALBUM RELEASE] now with vid of a whole show! and a review! swansaw- flight and falling (Read 5687 times)

• Insane teacher
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
because...he did confirm it? he posted it and then made a few jokes about it so I assumed it was a real thing he was laughing about. sort of like how chef tells everyone tog is made of people obsessed with sewers but he's still in actual gaming mags.

couch this wasn't one of your better jokes as it was not obvious enough to be HEH and was not out of the realm of possibility either! your band is pretty solid sounding and I always thought you did actual shows so it is...possible.
brian chemicals
  • You probally thought you werent gunna die today suprise!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Nope it was still pretty obvious unfortunately, you guys believed him immediately!

Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 08:19:57 pm by Afura
im not going to have a silly steel lets argue this to the death debate about it though!
  • DragonSlayer o_O
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
what are you talking about afura it's not like it was completely unbelievable
To Never Be Known Is The Worst Death
  • PEW PEW PEW
he did it for the plubicity and it worked. I only clicked on this thread because you (pidge) mentioned the album somewhere in p911. couch trolled you into being his chimp
he said one thing, and its a pretty big deal to believe immediately. people lie on the internet constantly!
Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 08:21:19 pm by Afura
  • DragonSlayer o_O
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I dunno Afura, most of us probably want to build our friendship on trust and belief. I suppose we didn't have it as tough as you did in your hoods.
To Never Be Known Is The Worst Death
Well you can see how automatic trust worked out then huh
  • now das fresh
you all are fools. i knew he was lying instantly. looks like you guys should get some "Street smarts".
yes coulombs are "germaine", did you learn that word at talk like a dick school?
  • sea of vodka
ive never even opened a copy of rolling stone so the idea that his band, which as steel said, is pretty solid, might have gotten picked up as INDIE UP AND COMERS after maybe some staff writer heard their cd and was impressed didn't seem out of the realm of possibility to me.
  • Insane teacher
yeah uh i dont see how it was SO OBVIOUS HES JOKING especially considering it was a sentence long. this is how i said i had a brain tumor! also if anyone would just be like "heh im in rolling stone" it would be couchfiend. if you think i fell for something or am way gullible it is because you do not know couchfiend...(couchfiend owns and would do exactly this if it was 100% real including making up stories of doing coke with winona ryder).
brian chemicals
  • Power to the flowers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
rolling stone did feature some post-rock bands when i picked it up like a year ago
rolling stone did feature some post-rock bands when i picked it up like a year ago

woooah concrete evidence right here

regardless i was right so........

hey guys guess what im going to be featured on my sweet 16 this week!
  • Insane teacher
yeah but you're not couchfiend so no one believes you and uh YEAH it kind of is proof. several members have said Rolling Stone sometimes features indie groups and I even mentioned a local group that was nobody and then two months later were one of the biggest groups out there. this kind of shit happens a lot! you can roll your eyes at that all you want but BARKLEY IN COMPUTER GAMING WORLD dummy.

i mean look at this: http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album

it is not crazy to think couchfiend or any gw musician that sounds as solid as his group does could be in there! this was just kind of a joke that made no sense which couchfiend specializes in, it was not HEH OBVIOUS... we thought shit like the title and the coke stuff was a joke about how he actually did get in Rolling Stone.

if anything it is a testament to how together this album is that no one doubted him and I think couchfiend did not realize most people who heard the album would actually think "yeah i could see this at p4k or something like it".
brian chemicals
  • Insane teacher
lol please earl..please post something I can use to Jone you

go away. leave couchs thread alone

i dont need you to post anything where i can see it, you do a pretty good job of convincing people you're a stupid piece of shit on your own.

not that you'd ever post anything without trying to get a rise out of someone else and then bitch about it anyways.
brian chemicals
  • I fear and I tremble
• To reach the editors of Rolling Stone or RollingStone.com with a press release, story idea, correction or news tip, contact [email protected]. Any emails sent to this account regarding subscription services will not be answered.

I'm going to send them an email with a link to his last fm, band site, and myspace and maybe a quote of something couch said about his album I suggest other people do it too if we spam the fuck out of it maybe someone will atleast listen to it.
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • PEW PEW PEW
i dont need you to post anything where i can see it, you do a pretty good job of convincing people you're a stupid piece of shit on your own.

not that you'd ever post anything without trying to get a rise out of someone else and then bitch about it anyways.
ahaha what's wrong with you? is this a running gag?? I can't believe you're actually this stupid, you're trying to do something.

and yeah btw saying couchfiend's band is getting an interview isn't LIKELY but it's believable. that's not the part that was obviously a joke!! shut up and leave couchs thread alone.
  • Pip
snare's too loud
  • The MONSTER that lives inside of your COUCH!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
you're too loud!

And yeah sorry guys.  I really did think this was more of an obvious joke.  It is actually pretty flattering, like steel said, that everybody was like couch in rolling stone?  fancy that!

so yeah badass.  now i actually want to send it in to magazines.  anybody have any suggestions as to magazines/blogs/whatever that would want to hear it?  other avenues of GETTIN THE ALBUM OUT etc?

Also shit, I am the nameless blob.  time to start using random punctuation and formatting now
  • Insane teacher
do you really think SNARES MIXED TOO LOUD.

I did not think this.

also just send a presspack to like p4k and people like that. you won't get through probably but no harm trying. there's also what which gives bands that decide to releas eon their site freeleech and lots of publicity. i dont think i gave you an invite tho since you never posted your email in...that thread...

if you're interested in a hilarious gw exchange steve runs a record label now.
brian chemicals