Link The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Read 3388 times)

• Mysterious Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Coming 2009 to the Nintendo DS.

No, this is no april fools-joke...
Nintendo has yet again run out of ideas and decided to put Link on a train this time!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47155.html#comments_top

I personally liked Phantom Hourglass and will probably get this despite knowing it will be exactly like the past Zelda titles. The concept of the train is really weird though. I assume that Link will end up having a car in the game after this. First horse, then boat, now train and eventually a car. Finally he'll end up in a space shuttle flying around with Mario in the galaxy.
Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 01:33:54 am by Liman
Ock ock, Ack ack!
Beware of the cursed monkey spit!
  • TV people want to leave
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Thank God,  Zelda and Densha de Go, together at last!
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
How is putting him on a train "run out" of ideas. I think it's a really cool touch.

On the other hand the rest of the game looks just like another goddamn Zelda game. I've already played five hundred Zelda dungeons! Fuck this shit!  I guess this time instead of controlling the boomerang to hit switches you control statues to hit buttons?
Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 01:44:58 am by Bisse
  • Mysterious Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
... they ran out of ideas and decided it was best to give Link a train. Couldn't they have come up with something better than that? That's all I'm saying.
Ock ock, Ack ack!
Beware of the cursed monkey spit!
  • If this Disturbs you, then walk away...
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member
If you think about it, most people reacted the same way to when they implemented a boat in the Wind Waker. It also seems like it will be on rails(no pun intended) like the boat sequences in Phantom Hourglass, where you plot your course and it just moves on the rails.
Is there any reason at all to doing that though?  I've not played Wind Waker, but if you're just doing on-rails movement it seems like a waste of time to me.

You could replace the train with a fade-in/fade-out sequence of link jumping on/off a train and it probably wouldn't change much about this game.
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • PipPipPip
I found the rail-type of gameplay for the boat in PH pretty fun actually, there is just something about shooting out moblin ships and getting assaulted by exploding seagulls that is somewhat awesome.
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
You could replace the train with a fade-in/fade-out sequence of link jumping on/off a train and it probably wouldn't change much about this game.
On the other way round I think the train segment looks like the most imaginative and fun part about this game while I could care less about the dungeons, item gathering, gimmick bosses and all that jazz  :welp:
To be honest if they really did make Densha de Go Zelda-themed I'd probably enjoy it more than regular Densha de Go.  I think you might be onto something there...
BRRING! BRRING!
  • PipPipPip
I do like that they are at least making the bosses seem bigger in this game, i was disappointed that PH had smaller and less epic boss fights...not to mention they were too fucking easy...
  • The man in the woods.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
More gimmicky/sameyness from a Zelda game. Who'da thunk.
  • Comrade!
  • PipPipPipPip
Haha, I was there!  The video was really cool.  Unfortunately they didn't say anything about it.  Iwata just said "HEre is a game that is coming out."  
  • By by
  • PipPipPipPip
When I first saw the title for this game I thought "Oh, a Zelda cart racer." but then I saw somethings...

it's not like I wasn't expecting anything good for the next Zelda, but I don't think the train idea will work very well. the thing that bothers me the most is that they're using the same graphical style as Phantom Hourglass! I wouldn't mind the idea so much if they would of done something different(2d perhaps) for the graphics, but I find it a bit lazy. I don't mean to sound like too concerned about graphics, but Nintendo is a big company, full of creative people and own tons of money. The can be creative and make a new look for every Zelda game.
  • Artist, novelist, gamer, and friend.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I guess they wanted this Four Sword continuity to have the same graphical style. 'sides, all three Gameboy games had the same graphics. (Link's Awakening, Seasons/Ages).

Personally, I have nothing against the train idea. It's not a big change probably. Every Zelda game has a 'thing'. Boat, Changing weather, time travel, bird summoning, 3 shadows, mini cap, wolf form, wind changing... now a train. Whatever! It'll still be Zelda fun.
  • Action RPG Demi-God
  • PipPipPipPip
A train is just another form of transportation, just hope they have some fun missions/overworld stuff with it.  Looks like it could be fun though with controlling enemies and such to do your bidding.  I'm just wondering where or when this game takes place since I see no hint of the great ocean.  Of course this is me assuming that due to the style of the graphics it still takes place in the same world/period that Wind Waker did.
  • Cold-Souled Sovereign of the Night Blades
  • PipPipPipPip
I'm pleasantly surprised that it wasn't what I had anticipated. I had my doubts before I watched the video, I figured by train they meant a full-blown passenger train like Dark Cloud 2, but I can actually see this working out just fine.
  • asdfg!
  • PipPipPipPip
Nintendo is pretty good at making Zelda games, so I'm sure whatever they are doing here will be pretty good. Including the train.
  • Insane teacher
uh it's not running out of ideas but wtf how is this also INTERESTING to some of you, it's just a train instead of a horse.
brian chemicals
  • The Irrepressible
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Guys! The Zelda series is dead! Please!

Zelda was awesome in its heyday. But eventually it's going to peter out into what's happening with Mario and Sonic, and it'll be fricking old. They should at least wait ten years before they make a new one. At least it'll be viewed more of as a classic than a "fuck not another one" game. No one wants to see this series die, but it doesn't help when Nintendo is stabbing it repeatedly in the heart with the PALETTE SWAP machete.

I guess this time instead of controlling the boomerang to hit switches you control statues to hit buttons?
OH WAIT

Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 04:36:32 am by Juris
"I would be totally embarassed to write this, even as a fakepost. it's not funny except in how you seem to think it's good. look at all the redundancies, for fuck's sake. "insipid semantics, despicable mediocrity" ugh gross gross. I want to take a shower every time I read your prose." -Steel
  • FIFTY FIFTY FIFTY
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
why the hell is link a delivery boy

what happened to hyrule's regular delivery guy? he didn't need no stinking train

can you imagine if they just gave link the bunny hat and postmaster boots instead of a train? that would be much cooler