Topic: Studying in Europe (Read 1600 times)

• I LOST MY SEX
  • Group: Member
Actually, if I go to Norway my tuition fee is 0. .
yeah but here you basically get the worst education in the western world
also yeah dude only norwegians can afford to be university students in norway, shit is ridiculous
Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 10:37:24 am by Holm
  • PipPipPip
The Saudi-Arabia of Europe.
  • Abominationist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Whatever you do, when your at the coffee shops there don't sit down. They'll charge you for it. I went there for an art trip (art school trips are always the best trips in school) in france and one of my former classmates sat down at a coffee shop and they were charged for it.

Be careful.
A tool is a tool regardless. I mean if you suck, you suck, and not even the most perfect tool could save you. And if your damn good then even with the worst tool ever conceived you could chug out some high quality shit.
  • Comrade!
  • Pip
  • Group: Premium Member
Whatever you do, when your at the coffee shops there don't sit down. They'll charge you for it. I went there for an art trip (art school trips are always the best trips in school) in france and one of my former classmates sat down at a coffee shop and they were charged for it.

Be careful.

This has never happened to me.
  • The devil himself
  • PipPipPipPipPip
yeah but here you basically get the worst education in the western world
also yeah dude only norwegians can afford to be university students in norway, shit is ridiculous
Unless you show proof of this I say BS. Their higher education system seems as good as any other place
  • I'm not your guy, friend.
  • PipPip
Have you thought about Sorbonne? It's really nice, it's got a famous music program, and if you're bilingual it'll be easier to adjust than going to Sweden or somewhere else.
  • Fuck off!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Unless you show proof of this I say BS. Their higher education system seems as good as any other place
You're thinking of going to Trondheim, which means you're probably thinking of NTNU? NTNU is a pretty good place to study if you're going to do technology. I'm currently studying there (and will keep doing so for a few more years) so if you have any questions feel free to ask. If you do come, we have to meet up. Adolph also used to live in this city but he was recently evicted but I suppose he's getting a new visa soon.

Anyway what will you be studying? Tuition fee is like 300kr here (roughly 40$) but I'm not sure if it's more expensive for foreign students (I'm assuming it's not but you'd better check it out).

edit: oh rofl music of course

Yeah are you thinking of the music line at NTNU or somewhere else?

edit2: also holm what are you on about. public school is pretty shit in Norway but the universities are of high standard, especially the university of oslo and NTNU. also it is not very expensive to study, I use tops $12'000 a year everything included (shelter, food, books, transportation, beer, parties EVERYTHING). it is very cheap.

oslo is an expensive city but trondheim is pretty average for western europe

also for money you can get a student assistant job which pays about $2000 per semester for doing very small amounts of work. it's not a lot of money but it's pretty much rent for like 4-5 months.
Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 05:55:55 pm by larsdood
  • The devil himself
  • PipPipPipPipPip
You're thinking of going to Trondheim, which means you're probably thinking of NTNU? NTNU is a pretty good place to study if you're going to do technology. I'm currently studying there (and will keep doing so for a few more years) so if you have any questions feel free to ask. If you do come, we have to meet up. Adolph also used to live in this city but he was recently evicted but I suppose he's getting a new visa soon.

Anyway what will you be studying? Tuition fee is like 300kr here (roughly 40$) but I'm not sure if it's more expensive for foreign students (I'm assuming it's not but you'd better check it out).

edit: oh rofl music of course

Yeah are you thinking of the music line at NTNU or somewhere else?

edit2: also holm what are you on about. public school is pretty shit in Norway but the universities are of high standard, especially the university of oslo and NTNU. also it is not very expensive to study, I use tops $12'000 a year everything included (shelter, food, books, transportation, beer, parties EVERYTHING). it is very cheap.

oslo is an expensive city but trondheim is pretty average for western europe

also for money you can get a student assistant job which pays about $2000 per semester for doing very small amounts of work. it's not a lot of money but it's pretty much rent for like 4-5 months.
Yeah I was checking NTNU in Trondheim since they have the program that interests me. The tuition fee is the same for foreign students which is really awesome. However, do you know anyone that is in the music program, I was wondering how hard it is to get in for jazz drums. Also, how hard is the Norwegian proficiency test that I have to pass? I downloaded myself a bunch of books and CDs to study Norwegian hahaha
  • Fuck off!
the proficiency test for being able to study norwegian? I didn't know there was one, but I think it's pretty easy. Or do you mean the proficiency test for the music line? Because at least Norwegian students have to prove their worth by playing in front of the professors but I dunno if that applies for foreign students or if they just need references or anything at all.

NTNU is pretty sweet too and the music conservatory is in downtown meaning it is very central and awesome. Are you considering a full grade or just a year?

To answer your first question, one of my friends is probably going to begin studying Music Technology this fall (I applied last year but my appliance was rejected... but I'm studying civil engineering which is not a bad plan 2). So yeah maybe you guys will be best friends 8)

dont forget to holla out if you come to Trondheim though. Jazz drumming is awesome and a lot of my friends are musicians so maybe you will fit right in with my friends (so you at least know SOME Norwegians). just be prepared for a pretty cold winter (it's doable, but gets pretty cold january-february)

you considering one year or a full grade in trondheim?

Also drop by irc any day you want to practice your Norwegian ;)

(dont worry if you dont get too good at norwegian before moving... like 95% of the population speaks english and maybe 80% speaks the language fluently)
Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 05:15:49 pm by larsdood
  • The devil himself
  • PipPipPipPipPip
the proficiency test for being able to study norwegian? I didn't know there was one, but I think it's pretty easy. Or do you mean the proficiency test for the music line? Because at least Norwegian students have to prove their worth by playing in front of the professors but I dunno if that applies for foreign students or if they just need references or anything at all.

NTNU is pretty sweet too and the music conservatory is in downtown meaning it is very central and awesome. Are you considering a full grade or just a year?

To answer your first question, one of my friends is probably going to begin studying Music Technology this fall (I applied last year but my appliance was rejected... but I'm studying civil engineering which is not a bad plan 2). So yeah maybe you guys will be best friends 8)

dont forget to holla out if you come to Trondheim though. Jazz drumming is awesome and a lot of my friends are musicians so maybe you will fit right in with my friends (so you at least know SOME Norwegians). just be prepared for a pretty cold winter (it's doable, but gets pretty cold january-february)

you considering one year or a full grade in trondheim?

Also drop by irc any day you want to practice your Norwegian ;)

(dont worry if you dont get too good at norwegian before moving... like 95% of the population speaks english and maybe 80% speaks the language fluently)
To study in Norway they force foreign students to take a Norwegian proficiency to prove that we know your language. I'll probably be starting tonight hehehe. But yeah I want to do my full undergraduate degree in Norway. For the auditions, yeah I know about it. I think that base is covered, I just have to practice more jazz and eventually record myself to send it to NTNU before Jan 15 2010. If I get to go to Trondheim, I'll hang out with you for sure. I also know someone else (who used to live here) that will introduce me to all the black metal musicians since she's married with one of them hehe.

For the winter I should be fine, in Montreal our winter can get pretty brutal plus I grew up in Rouyn-Noranda which is 7 hours North-West of Montreal.

I'll definitely try to pop up on IRC soon, just let me learn some Norwegian first hahaha. Thanks a lot for the information Lars
  • Fuck off!
summer 2010 it is. best of luck!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Be careful.
lol i wouldn't pay them
  • The devil himself
  • PipPipPipPipPip
But yeah Lars, if ever you meet someone that's in music performance jazz drums ask them how hard the audition was please. Thanks