Movies James Cameron's Avatar! (Read 9168 times)

• Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member

Director - James Cameron(Terminator, Terminator 2 Judgment Day, Aliens, Titanic, Dark Angel)

Release Date - 18th December 2009

Cast:
Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver, Michelle Rodriguez, Zoe Saldana, Giovanni Ribisi, Stephen Lang, Laz Alonso.

Quote from: Wikipedia
The story’s protagonist, Jake Sully (Sam Worthington), is a former Marine who was wounded and paralyzed from the waist down in combat on Earth. Jake is selected to participate in the Avatar program, which will enable him to walk. Jake travels to Pandora, a lush jungle-covered extraterrestrial moon filled with incredible life forms, some beautiful, many terrifying. Pandora is also home to the Na’vi, a sentient humanoid race that humans consider primitive, yet are more physically capable than humans. Standing three meters tall, with tails and sparkling blue skin, the Na’vi live in harmony with their unspoiled world. As humans encroach deeper into Pandora's forests in search of valuable minerals, the Na’vi unleash their formidable warrior abilities to defend their threatened existence.

Jake has unwittingly been recruited to become part of this encroachment. Since humans are unable to breathe the air on Pandora, they have created genetically-bred human-Na’vi hybrids known as Avatars. The Avatars are living, breathing bodies that are controlled by a human "driver" through a technology that links the driver's mind to their Avatar body. On Pandora, through his Avatar body, Jake can be whole once again. Sent deep into Pandora's jungles as a scout for the soldiers that will follow, Jake encounters many of Pandora's beauties and dangers. There he meets a young Na’vi female, Neytiri, whose beauty is only matched by her ferocity in battle.

Over time, Jake integrates himself into Neytiri's clan, and begins to fall in love with her. As a result, Jake finds himself caught between the military-industrial forces of Earth, and the Na’vi, forcing him to choose sides in an epic battle that will decide the fate of an entire world.

[/center]
Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 10:38:13 pm by Tau

• I fear and I tremble
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I heard that this movie is terribly racist so I am boycotting it
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • What, me worry?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Yeah the conventional trailer wasn't as orgasmic as the whole internet made it seem for years. I mean, yeah it looks REALLY GOOD visually but that's about it.
  • Ò_Ó
You video is broken. Here's the right one:

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
I hope this movie does good so we can print a big 'Fuck you' to racebending.com
http://steamsignature.com][/url]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Bro you do realise that James Cameron's Avatar is a completely different movie from the movie called The Last Airbender, right?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Bro you do realise that James Cameron's Avatar is a completely different movie from the movie called The Last Airbender, right?

I do realise that now yes, its a condition I have called retardiobolistic
http://steamsignature.com][/url]
  • TV people want to leave
Anyone have a copy of the promo that's not been deleted?  Mark's was amazing but I've not heard of this movie or any of the hype around it so I want to know what this shit is about thanks.

edit: i think i found it

edit2: the teaser didn't seem to give me much of an idea of the plot but it LOOKS really cool sooooo
Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 12:35:33 pm by Velfarre
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • thx ds k?
idk, this looks kind of dumb! i wiki'd the plot and you'd have to put forth a serious effort to be any more generic.
Well when I said LOOKS good I meant entirely based on the visuals.  I was actually thinking that the plot seemed like it would be horribly generic but considering I was only guessing based on the teaser I saw I was giving it the benefit of the doubt.
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • Lord of Hotmogs
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
it looks like a video game... and not in a good way
  • Captalist pig :|
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I've been following this movie for about 2 years and have been eagerly waiting this day.

There's bits of it that I find incredible (some shots or the Na'vi look really life like), but then some stuff looks a bit questionable (some of the shots or robots with humans looked a bit crappy imo)

I'm reserving my judgement until I see it in 3D imax, but I hope it delivers storywise. It's been described as Dances with Wolves on a different planet. Doesn't sound incredibly original, but I like the idea of the avatar buisness. Hopefully Cameron will pull it off
  • god damn it man-o-war god damn it
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Part of me wishes that Marks trailer was real. That would be a great movie.
don't mind me, just postin' after a few brewskies
somebody’s Barkley --- could be another’s Monopolo.
  • What, me worry?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I hope cinema shits on you
  • ブラウンの人
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
both links are broken . stupid fox and quench studios.

im confused. Is this m night shyamalan or james cameron. or both? on imdb it says written by james cameron. unless this trailer is old...?

edit : ahhhh now i get it.
Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 07:29:59 pm by Brown
different avatar, i thought we already cleared that one up

and yeah mark's trailer was the best
BRRING! BRRING!
  • What, me worry?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
both links are broken . stupid fox and quench studios.

im confused. Is this m night shyamalan or james cameron. or both? on imdb it says written by james cameron. unless this trailer is old...?
M NIGHT SHYAMALAN'S THE LAST AIRBENDER

two different movies two different franchises
  • Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I'll change the topic title and add more info for it so no one is confused. I fugured the poster picture saying "James Cameron's Avatar" may have been enough(Plus the trailer but that was taken off obviously) but yeah. James Cameron's Avatar. The 4 year in the making movie with the biggest budget ever.

• brown priyde yea mayne
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Is this original or based on yet another animated/vidcon/comic book series?
keep posting...
  • What, me worry?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Is this original or based on yet another animated/vidcon/comic book series?
original man do a quick google