Topic: Everybody Draw Mohammed (Read 1957 times)

• now that's what I'm talking about
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
yeah this is pretty much what i think.  why is this at all necessary to do?????
because this is what southpark is all about.
fuck it all, dd is dead
  • Homer >> (_8(l)
  • PipPipPipPip
South Park gears more towards shock humor than actually being funny, and what's better than pissing off an already volatile group

-Official Progress + REVAMP II Release Thread-
http://www.gamingw.net/forums/index.php?topic=72013.msg1316278#msg1316278
-Mirror 1-
http://dmatter.org/demos/the%20legend%20of%20the%20philosophers%20stone.rar
  • TV people want to leave
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
because this is what southpark is all about.

yeah, it's about being unfunny douchebags.  the question is why people feel the need to rally behind this.
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • None of them knew they were robots.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
They do it for the same reason you post your opinions against it
Play Raimond Ex (if you haven't already)

I'll not TAKE ANYTHING you write like this seriously because it looks dumb
  • Star ninja and Québec random guy of GW
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
does it really irk you guys that much that comedy central was being culturally sensitive?
i'm sure some muslims would have found it funny but do you really need to see mohammad in a bunny suit on southpark?
is that your biggest problem? really??

Yeah, seriously. Everybody gets in arm because the FCC censors a bit of a southpark episode. Hell, I don't think that showing Mohammad in a bear suit was an "important plot point" in an overly developed "narrative arc". It's fucking South Park.

Choose your fucking fight people. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, another one of those crazy extremist, became president of Iran in 2004 and established an even tighter censorship that literally killed the cinema industry there, taking away the good (by Iran's standards I guess) range of creative liberty it has been enjoying for the last 20-something years. That's what we should be pissed about, not your precious Mohammad in a bear suit.
I only feel bad about those muslims who really want nothing to do with beheading those who insult islam, I don't think they deserve people mocking their cultures like that. They get caught in the crossfire anyway......

• Forever into Nowhere
  • PipPipPipPip
Yes, let's forget about an issue that is relevant in our society and worry more about something in another country none of us can change.  At least with something like censorship you have a remote chance to band together with a group of other dissident voices and possibly inspire some degree of change.  What exactly are your plans for ridding the world of Ahmadinejad, SK? 

Also stop whining about South Park or Mohammed.  I thought it was pretty clear from the beginning that this is more about censorship and essentially using the whole idea as a means to say HI FUCK YOU FCC/NETWORK EXECS.  It doesn't fucking matter how any of you feel about those poor Muslims and us stupid fat Americans ridiculing their faith.  I mean, if that's your opinion then whatever, but the essential argument here is about not allowing any organization or entity actively censor any form of media solely because it's stepping on the toes of some overly sensitive religious group.
For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.
Hunter S. Thompson
  • TV people want to leave
In which case like I said before it's kinda late to START whining about censorship, especially over a nonissue like this when the FCC allows violence but not a nipple.
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
People have been whining about censorship since it was invented

• I fear and I tremble
yeah

lets just draw alot of genetalia and email it to the FCC and tell them we want to see coochies dicks and titties on the tv because its my god given right as an american to see them thangs because them make me feel good

VIOLENCE JUST GET ME NERVOUS BUT TITTIES MAKES ME CALM
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • I fear and I tremble
Cooter N' Crayons
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • I fear and I tremble
"I don't want pussy on my television networks because it freaks me out and looks like the face of a hound dog" - ruport murdock
  • more cowbell!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
So I really like South Park. And the only problem I have with the censorship of the episode was what no one has mentioned yet. Comedy Central (who keeps saying it was the FCC censoring this that's not true at all) censored out Kyle's entire customary "I learned something today" speech. So it was like, 40 seconds straight of "BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP". And then Jesus says, "You know what, you're right" and then he says another 20 seconds of dialogue that is replaced with "BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP" and then Santa also chimes in with another 30 seconds of "BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP". I thought that was pretty lame of Comedy Central to do, tbh.
http://www.fallingbot.com/
  • Forever into Nowhere
  • PipPipPipPip
In which case like I said before it's kinda late to START whining about censorship, especially over a nonissue like this when the FCC allows violence but not a nipple.

Oh yeah?  When exactly was the deadline?
For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.
Hunter S. Thompson
  • i don't like change
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
People have been whining about censorship since it was invented

I think everyone here can agree that censorship should be outright banned, and nobody should ever be allowed to say anything that supports any form of censorship ever again.

(See what I did there?)
  • Buttkiller
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
So I really like South Park. And the only problem I have with the censorship of the episode was what no one has mentioned yet. Comedy Central (who keeps saying it was the FCC censoring this that's not true at all) censored out Kyle's entire customary "I learned something today" speech. So it was like, 40 seconds straight of "BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP". And then Jesus says, "You know what, you're right" and then he says another 20 seconds of dialogue that is replaced with "BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP" and then Santa also chimes in with another 30 seconds of "BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP". I thought that was pretty lame of Comedy Central to do, tbh.

that sounds like a joke but so does this so
  • Star ninja and Québec random guy of GW
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Yes, let's forget about an issue that is relevant in our society and worry more about something in another country none of us can change.  At least with something like censorship you have a remote chance to band together with a group of other dissident voices and possibly inspire some degree of change.  What exactly are your plans for ridding the world of Ahmadinejad, SK? 

Also stop whining about South Park or Mohammed.  I thought it was pretty clear from the beginning that this is more about censorship and essentially using the whole idea as a means to say HI FUCK YOU FCC/NETWORK EXECS.  It doesn't fucking matter how any of you feel about those poor Muslims and us stupid fat Americans ridiculing their faith.  I mean, if that's your opinion then whatever, but the essential argument here is about not allowing any organization or entity actively censor any form of media solely because it's stepping on the toes of some overly sensitive religious group.

I don't have a plan, I was merely stating a fact that is has more value to be pissed about on a somewhat cultural and international level.
I also fail to see how drawing a bunch of mspaint Mohammed will make the FCC go "WELL SHIT MAYBE WE SHOULDN'T CENSOR ANYMORE" or even affect them in any way. They are not the ones who are gonna be affected by a bunch of people on the internet drawing Mohammed with dicks and tits, the Muslims, be it extremists or not, will. Seriously, those extremists are dicks for saying "HEY WE GONNA BLOW YOUR HOUSE", and the FCC are dicks for censoring something be it stupid or not. But please tell me how trying to be bigger dicks will somehow stick it up to the evil network execs in their suits and ties.
Not "plan of the year" material if you ask me.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
that sounds like a joke but so does this so

Yea, are we sure this wasn't a joke? Usually they don't finish with 3 monologues so I thought it was a heavy handed "Thanks fascists, now we have to censor the good/peaceful stuff too" "heh"--but I couldn't be sure
http://marklisanti.tumblr.com/post/126620624/i-can-totally-relate-harold-i-am-a-farmer-and-i
  • I R WIZARD >:O
  • PipPip
Matt and Trey themselves said that part wasn't meant to be censored. Comedy Central censored out that entire speech even though it wasn't about Mohammed at all.
  • aye ess dee eff el cay jay ache
i wish comedy central censored all their garbage and just played a test panel constantly. i miss test panels, i haven't seen one in ages
I USE Q'S INSTEQD OF Q'S