Art - Digital art Post a screenshot (Read 23724 times)

• i don't like change
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I think your mapping could use some work. See, your u is clearly lower case. Please fix this, thanks.

Wrong. The u is only one tile short of being upper case. That's ambiguously lowercase at best.

It is his lowercase l that is clearly lower case in this instance. (much more clearly than that u at the very least)
  • clockamite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
trashhead that rules, i love the pumpkins. also if you're making tilesets have you tried using pixothello at all, i played around with it and found it a lot of fun to use although it's still in beta i think.

also that app looks neat wyatt but is it gross that i love the little handdrawn pixel dude most out of everything there
http://harmonyzone.org
  • By by
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
yeah trashhead, that's some sweet stuff. you making a game with that?
  • It's Me, Picasso
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
TH ,yeah!
*Wonders about the super happy pills*
Everyone has the right to be himself; wise men know how to,when, and whether to navigate the boundary between their rights and those of others when they collide.
  • No, it doesn't stand for anything.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Eh.

• A WARRIOR POET
  • PipPipPip
trashhead that rules, i love the pumpkins. also if you're making tilesets have you tried using pixothello at all, i played around with it and found it a lot of fun to use although it's still in beta i think.

also that app looks neat wyatt but is it gross that i love the little handdrawn pixel dude most out of everything there

That thing Pixothello does where you can see how the edges of your tiles match up as you draw them is pretty boss, but I just can't get used to using anything that isn't MSPaint (yeah, i'm one of those people)

Quote from: swordofkings128
yeah trashhead, that's some sweet stuff. you making a game with that?

Kind of. I started working on a platform engine, but I'm honestly not sure what I want to do with it yet, and I keep getting increasingly distracted drawing pretty pictures!!
  • It's Me, Picasso
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Eh.

Awwww....
Everyone has the right to be himself; wise men know how to,when, and whether to navigate the boundary between their rights and those of others when they collide.
  • Pip
There's final fantasy fangames and then there's final fantasy fangames

• Kaiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
yeah it reminds me instantly about Screamer!!
  • By by
  • PipPipPipPip
before(Nov 2008):
*full background but at normal resolution- 640x200*

after(May 2011):
*320x200 screen at 2x resolution however the full background is 423x200* also WIP*

same idea, different screens. before you would have to find bread and peanut butter, wear those as shoes and walk across the jelly without getting stickified. now you have to find a bag of frozen french fries, cook them, and toss them on the ketchup to get across without falling down the edge.

Ultamate Caraty: The Unspoken- hopefully coming within the next 5 or 10 years.
  • Master of Puppets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I am digging that screen, Swordofkings, but I kind of miss the old black outline sprite for the main character, unless I'm crazy and you haven't changed anything.
  • By by
  • PipPipPipPip
Thank you! yeah stuffs changed...

with the new style I was trying to make sprites smaller so they wouldn't be such a pain to animate... There 3 important characters here: Typo, Piknik Wing and Jolly M. Goodshow. Typo and Piknik haven't changed all that much except I added front standing sprite so you can see his eletrical plug like tail better. besides looking a bit more better, but Jolly has changed a lot. He used to be tall, but I wanted to make him more like Nigel Thornberry so now he's small.

Jolly Goodshow is one of the best archeologists ever, and he's in his summer condo at Dimuru chilling at the beach... However, he'll be an important character as he knows the most about the ancient ruins on the land. The reason he vacations in Dimuru is because the city is a ruined city of the previous civilization... This is how it used to look for a long time:

I have a lot more screens but I can't seem to find them right now... The game now has a darker, more surreal look to it, so these backgrounds don't fit the style I'm going for.
  • Pip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnWcRZ2EJ3k

• Resident Lurker
  • PipPip
Pretty cool stuff Wyatt
what's updog?
  • No, it doesn't stand for anything.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
100% FREE fangame world map! BONUS "grande" size, 1993 x 1409 resolution! Larger than what the competition offers! All yours with just one easy click. That's right, ONE easy click!

(it's too freaking big to post)

http://www.walagata.com/w/uprc/updatedmap.PNG

If I keep working on this damn game, I'll surely finish it at SOME point...
  • Comrade!
  • PipPipPip

Hi guys! How have you guys been? I'm working on a game based on my lovely hedgehogs :3

@UPRC
Holy shit! That is one frickin big map! I'm not good at mapping but I don't see anything wrong and it does look like a believable world to me. Can't imagine how much work you've put into that!

@Wyatt
Looks great! I'm going to try it now :)
Like our games? Want to support? You can support us by making a donation.

My Projects
Click on the userbar to enter the game thread.

• Genre
    : Shooting-RPG    Status : Completed

• Genre : Bullet Hell Shooting    Status : Completed
[/center]

My Blog http://hima.gptouch.com/
  • TV people want to leave
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
hima!!!! one of the few GW/SWers that i actually played some games of!!! hello!!!  looks like a rad game you got goin on there.  i take it it's an android/iphone game?
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • Comrade!
  • PipPipPip
hima!!!! one of the few GW/SWers that i actually played some games of!!! hello!!!  looks like a rad game you got goin on there.  i take it it's an android/iphone game?
Thanks! I made it in Unity3D so while it's mainly going to be for mobile platform, there's gonna be a web version as well :)
Like our games? Want to support? You can support us by making a donation.

My Projects
Click on the userbar to enter the game thread.

• Genre
    : Shooting-RPG    Status : Completed

• Genre : Bullet Hell Shooting    Status : Completed
[/center]

My Blog http://hima.gptouch.com/
  • Master of Puppets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I'm working on an "engine" in rm2k3 for a Computer style RPG like Fallout or Baldur's Gate. Basically I've streamlined most of the skills into 3 families, made an alignment meter and you have bonuses which are like feats or perks. I'm about 75% with this menu.

• BUY YAOI TV! =D
100% FREE fangame world map! BONUS "grande" size, 1993 x 1409 resolution! Larger than what the competition offers! All yours with just one easy click. That's right, ONE easy click!

(it's too freaking big to post)

http://www.walagata.com/w/uprc/updatedmap.PNG

If I keep working on this damn game, I'll surely finish it at SOME point...
Awesome work, is that world map a result of what happens if you divide by zero and make the worlds collide?