16 22.9%
GIVE IT TO ME!
24 34.3%
Let me read the damn thread first...
8 11.4%
Not interested.
22 31.4%

56 Total Votes

Poll Final Fantasy IV (DS) Anyone? (Read 6103 times)

• Artist, novelist, gamer, and friend.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I bought this yesterday and I like it a lot!  The difficulty is definitely super fine-tuned and is constantly engaging.  I think the graphics are great and super charming but yeah I can see how some people wouldn't get past the low-res textures and everything.  I definitely agree that the menues are a little laggy, but I think I can survive with it.

I guess some people did not grow up with PSone / N64.
  • Gobli, I wanna be a boss too...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Okay, so I played this finally, and I have to say, WHAT THE HELL!? WHY AM I HAVING PROBLEMS AGAINST FUCKING GOBLINS!?

Anyway, yeah, they certainly improved on the difficulty on this game to an extreme, maybe its because I rushed through the first dungeon like I usually did in the SNES/PSX versions, but I didn't expect the enemies to get a major improvement, bosses maybe, but the enemies c'mon, that's overkill!

I am pleased they gave some of the characters more usefulness this time around, like Edward, he's not fucking useless anymore, he's just crappy now! The graphics are great, its equal to FFIII in terms of that. The music mneh, you hear the Dreadful Battle once, you hear it millions of other times. And gameplay, they certainly improved a lot from the original, like the Augments; those are pretty good I dare say. The voice acting in this game is incredible, I can't wait to hear some of my other favorite characters in the game!

All in all, I give this game a 3 Jay-Thumbsup out of 5.

I had high hopes for the game, but it dropped due to many reasons, I'll play it once and not touch it again after beating it, the enemies in the game piss me off too much, once I get Paladin form, then it'll be fun times.
-Jaymonius-

Phantasia 5 progresion
Channel Jaymonius
Phantasia
Phantasia 2
Phantasia 3
  • lauren's givin head
  • PipPipPip
Yea, the game is fucking hard. If you think the enemies are hard wait till you get to some of the bosses. Some are straight up impossible without a gamefaqs guide. g'luck though!
  • Master of Darkness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Holy shit, did you guys pass that Queen Bomb boss?
It was NOT that hard on the SNES. This is crazy.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

I just got passed that part an hour ago, I died from the blast, that was insanely stupid. Edward (Useless) got over 1000 damage from it, I was like no fucking way... I'm afraid what the other bosses are going to be posing in the next little while.
-Jaymonius-

Phantasia 5 progresion
Channel Jaymonius
Phantasia
Phantasia 2
Phantasia 3
  • junker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Pretty much, I do believe they just upped it to the japanese difficulty. If anybody remembers, the US version of FF4 on SNES was ridiculously easier than the jap one.

Though I can't say myself because on emus the text in the game never erases. It is unreadable. :(
  • The man in the woods.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
The one most of us played (the "hard" version, IE the one with Dark Wave) wasn't as hard as this.
  • MAZIIIIIN GO!! PILEDER ON!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Damn, I just got to the Tower of Zot and it's RETARDED...

One of those elemental panthers or tigers or whatever will cast an elemental all effect and kill my whole party in one blow... (I'm level 25)

if you're a vegan you support baby killers
  • Wloczykij-Sarmata
  • PipPip
Yeah, these enemies are ridiculous. And they often hunt in packs of two plus a Centaur Knight.

I beat them by equpping Cecil with an ice-halving armor/shield? (found on the first or second floor) and attacking them normally, healing with Cura when needed. Thankfully they don't appear that often on higher floors.

To beat MomBomb you simply have to defend with everyone. Cecil and Yang should survive.

At the moment I'm at the Dwarf Castle and just got raped by Golbez. This guy is insane, I just can't keep up with his speed and his damage output is crazy; and everytime I manage to ressurect someone, he dusts them with a multi target spell (Bio is seriously overpowered).

One thing I like in this version is that many bosses are vulnerable to status ailments; you can slow them down, curse them, even silence them! The game also seems impossible without Protect and Shell, but you can cast them on the whole party at once and they never wear off (unless the character dies).
Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 12:48:41 pm by DE

To go to my pixelart gallery at pixeljoint, click HERE.
To go to my complete gallery and RM2K/3 resources page, click HERE.
To download my "game", Solstice:BA,IFMVI,V0:FMTtEoF, click HERE.
Now working on: eurotrash pixel perfect.
  • 100% not arab
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
man I'm down with FF4 but this sounds too ridiculously challenging for me. I don't like having my BALLS busted constantly in an RPG.

i guess I am just........not hardXcore enough.
WHY SO SERIOUS HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA
  • Do you know Shinigami like apples? ^______^
  • PipPip
  • Group: Member
The voice-acting just doesn't work for me, especially with the old English words in the...stereotypical American accents...

I am pleased they gave some of the characters more usefulness this time around, like Edward, he's not fucking useless anymore, he's just crappy now!
Are you serious

I dunno dude I think Salve is pretty useful.

I had to use a walkthrough to figure out that the Mom Bomb had 141200 health. Damn, if I never realised that I would have been battling that thing for ages.
Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 04:18:52 pm by Vale
  • *peck*
  • PipPipPip
Well I got this yesterday and I really like it. I've never played FFIV before, but I can see how many people place this among their favorites.

It's great because they took FF3DS's system and made it GOOD. The menu system, though still slow, is much faster and slick. The other screen actually has a use now. Battles do not take five hours for normal encounters. There's a music player, and yeah, lots of gimmicky mini-games, but I happen to enjoy the minigames a lot.

Rosa's voice makes me cringe.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
So how many had trouble against Scarmiglone, he took me at least 10-15 minutes to beat, damn that counter! Its like Bad Breath... but equally as deadly. X_X
-Jaymonius-

Phantasia 5 progresion
Channel Jaymonius
Phantasia
Phantasia 2
Phantasia 3
  • lauren's givin head
  • PipPipPip
So how many had trouble against Scarmiglone, he took me at least 10-15 minutes to beat, damn that counter! Its like Bad Breath... but equally as deadly. X_X

He does that when you cast offensive spells against him. Since he's a zombie you should've cast cura on him and his bitch ass would be negatively healed and you wouldn't have gotten all those nasty status ailments.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
He does that when you cast offensive spells against him. Since he's a zombie you should've cast cura on him and his bitch ass would be negatively healed and you wouldn't have gotten all those nasty status ailments.

Bah, hopefully I won't have as much of a harder time on Cagnazzo then I did on this guy... X_X;
-Jaymonius-

Phantasia 5 progresion
Channel Jaymonius
Phantasia
Phantasia 2
Phantasia 3
  • Epic Hero
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I am not very far into this game but I am excited to hear that it is so ball-bustingly tough.  I've played FFIV about a million times and it would be pretty boring if it wasn't challenging!
  • Wloczykij-Sarmata
  • PipPip
I've just finished Tower of Zot or whatever it's called (the one in which you lose Yang and Cid soon after).

I must say the battle with cyber Lugae was simply awesome. You see, in this version he uses an attack which inverts all damage; now healing magic does damage, and all attacks and offensive spells heal (it affects both your party and Lugae). He casts Restore on your whole party dealing damage, but you can easily heal yourself with physical attacks (which often miss).

The best part was when I had Rydia down and he cast Reverse for the second time, making all magic work normally. I double casted Raise and party Curaga with Rose, but before she managed to finish them, Lugae threw another Reverse. The result wasn't pretty :) (I managed to win with 2 characters though)

This game rocks. I think there was no boss battle without such cool moments; the game's hard, but not SMT 3 hard (unless you gamefaq it or powerlevel). Some Decant abilities are broken, though (Doublecast, Attract, Counter).
Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 08:06:00 pm by DE

To go to my pixelart gallery at pixeljoint, click HERE.
To go to my complete gallery and RM2K/3 resources page, click HERE.
To download my "game", Solstice:BA,IFMVI,V0:FMTtEoF, click HERE.
Now working on: eurotrash pixel perfect.
  • FF6 da great!
  • Pip
That's the Tower of babil =P.

I'm near the end of the game. It's fun!

Best Vaporware from HBGames! Thanks to the forum!
-------------------------------------------

Winner of the Project of the Month for July is Final Fantasy Essence, a project that is being worked very well for a great team.

Congratulations Celes, Matty, Sinmora, Solid278, Lex, Mark, Ryan, and especially Atoa for the excellent work!
http://www.santuariorpgmaker.com/forum/galeria-de-projetos/final-fantasy-essence/
  • Do you know Shinigami like apples? ^______^
  • PipPip
Ugh the Mom Bomb is NOTHING compared to that damn Dark Elf.
How're you supposed to survive Dark Breath? BAM 800HP DAMAGE WOO
  • If this Disturbs you, then walk away...
  • PipPipPip
halfway through the game! So much fun and edge is a badass ^^
Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 01:00:08 am by Liquid Ocelot