Topic: okay. (Read 166261 times)

• I need to watch things die
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Do you have a wireless keyboard or a laptop? It makes surfing gamingW a lot easier to just lie on your bed and chill. Having a laptop saved me last winter because I just went into a duvet cocoon and no-one saw me for hours.
  • Insane teacher
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
yeah I got a laptop, I'll be using it when I'm taking my chemo!
brian chemicals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
no dudes I will seriously cry.

like the acts of solidarity people have been doing or saying have been the things that have really been making me sad. like my uncle seemed so helpless and was like I...I CAN'T BRING HTE KIDS OVER.

I think it's more a case of, if anyone of us had cancer you would be the first guy to say LET'S ALL SHAVE OUR HEADS AND SHOW SOME SUPPORT. We don't want to make you sad but come on.

*pumps fist*

If I could erradicate GW Cancer talk that would be radical because the last thing you want is for everyone to suddenly go sympathetic on you. "OH YOU HAVE CANCER? HOW IS THAT WORKING OUT FOR YOU?" and you know every time you walk into a room everyone is going to start treating you differently and give you concerned looks and shit. It's not like anyone wants to actively go out and make you sad but I can't be that sympathetic TREAT YOU DIFFERENT NOW YOU DYING guy who starts acting like that. I would rather be the guy who punches you in the mouth every time you mention cancer. But I CAN shave my head and show some support for what you're going through. I love my hair man, I like having hair so much I have never been bald but fuck you if you think I wont do it just because you don't want the sympathy.

If you don't want the sympathy why don't you spit on the doctor when he offers you a wheelchair or something.

I don't even think this makes sense.
now is the winter of our discontent
  • MAZIIIIIN GO!! PILEDER ON!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
No catheters don't go into your dick.

Uses

Placement of a catheter into a particular part of the body may allow:
draining urine from the urinary bladder as in urinary catheterization, e.g., the Foley catheter or even when the urethra is damaged as in suprapubic catheterisation.
drainage of urine from the kidney pelvis by percutaneous nephrostomy[1]
drainage of fluid collections, e.g. an abdominal abscess
administration of intravenous fluids, medication or parenteral nutrition
angioplasty, angiography, balloon septostomy, balloon sinuplasty. Often Seldinger technique is used.
direct measurement of blood pressure in an artery or vein
direct measurement of intracranial pressure
administration of anaesthetic medication into the epidural space, the subarachnoid space, or around a major nerve bundle such as the brachial plexus
subcutaneous administration of insulin or other medications, with the use of an infusion set and insulin pump

A central venous catheter is a conduit for giving drugs or fluids into a large-bore catheter positioned either in a vein near the heart or just inside the atrium. A Swan-Ganz catheter is a special type of catheter placed into the pulmonary artery for measuring pressures in the heart.

A Touhy borst adapter is a medical device used for attaching catheters to various other devices.

Also fuck... I will laugh so hard at "I will shave my head for you!" if Steel's hair doesn't actually fall.

if you're a vegan you support baby killers
  • Dead man
My cus had  cancer  when I was 8 she had fake hair and shit and she is still alive today and now has real hair, every thing seems fine. I have faith in you that you can pull through.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=68492019 <----- my cus Gayle
Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 04:16:35 pm by DDay
DDay is Dead  I am a dead man typing

• Insane teacher
yeah I guess it's a type of catheter butttt usually when people say that they mean the urine one so I wouldn't call it that!
brian chemicals
  • i am a swordsman
btw if anyone has any stress relief techniques, in particular with knotted up muscles, like the stuff krin was talking about, please do post. this is easily one of the worst parts of this whole ordeal because it makes it hard to even SIT AND POST sooooo.
Do you remember pzizzz? Try that.
  • Is Forever Life really Life Forever?
this has helped me sleep for the past like two years, but write down everything you think about, so that if you forget it you can reference it later on your handy I WROTE DOWN EVERYTHING paper. it doesn't seem like it helps with stress but seriously dude that shit will save your life.

trust me.

also try doing those neck stretches pretty frequently, they're really nice.
  • Insane teacher
yeah I usually do on livejournal. I'm thinking of maybe youtubing entries instead though because there's going to be some visual component and that'd save some time.
brian chemicals
  • Five foot ace of clubs?!?!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Yes! That would be cool, do youtube blogs or whatever. I'd definitely watch them.
  • I HAD A BEARD
I asked a pharmacist about the aloe vera thing. It is a real thing and is used for patients in chemo, but it's not the topical gel it's an oral liquid. He said that you can still find it that they used to sell it there, and I asked if it works, he said "I dunno." Also, the gel is useful applied to the skin if you get radiation therapy.

You will be fine, man. Don't be afraid. You can't  be, you have to have faith in our lord and savior Jesus Christ in heaven, he will release you from your sufferings. Believe in your inner strength and the natural power of healing through meditation. Focus on the positive. You are still here and it's never too late to get better, I know it will get better!
  • Stop Radioactivity!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I asked a pharmacist about the aloe vera thing. It is a real thing and is used for patients in chemo, but it's not the topical gel it's an oral liquid. He said that you can still find it that they used to sell it there, and I asked if it works, he said "I dunno." Also, the gel is useful applied to the skin if you get radiation therapy.

You will be fine, man. Don't be afraid. You can't  be, you have to have faith in our lord and savior Jesus Christ in heaven, he will release you from your sufferings. Believe in your inner strength and the natural power of healing through meditation. Focus on the positive. You are still here and it's never too late to get better, I know it will get better!
Most pharmacists aren't trained in that kinda thing so a lot won't know...then again a lot will.  Also, if you have an aloe plant in your house you could just juice it (provided you have a juicer).
Dok Choy
  • I fear nothing as Tomal... I am Tomal, I am also John
  • PipPipPipPip

Part of me really hopes this is a joke and part of me dosen't, because its pretty fucking funny either way.
IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOU I WOULD SPEND SATURDAY NIGHT ON AUTOFELLATE
  • MAZIIIIIN GO!! PILEDER ON!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
No of course it's not the topical gel. I just said gel because the consistency is pretty thick.

I always meant for oral consumption (and hence what I was talking about it tasting terrible), but it's pretty much 100% pure aloe extract. The topical gel usually has alcohol and a ton other stuff too.

if you're a vegan you support baby killers
  • Insane teacher
I dunno I think I will see how bad chemo treats me. the doc says I'm so young it probably won't be that bad!

anyways stress knot aside, I tried to drop my steroid dose to see if it helped with swelling but it actually got worse and I had breathing trouble so I'll be a fatnecked dork till chemo starts!
brian chemicals
  • I fear and I tremble
man I got one of those plants in my yard and it smells like fucking piss

and not that piss that you usually just let out I'm talking about haven't drunken any water all day and all I did was eat onions sort of piss smell fuck that.

Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 03:02:18 am by Harry Manback
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • Insane teacher
honestly...I know no one likes to think this but

that's kind of part of the reason I'd do this. my mom's memories of my dad are so strongly tied to these few videos we have of him after our house was robbed in Puerto Rico and we lost a bunch of the tapes. that really hurt her, and honestly I don't like to think this, no one does, but if this doesn't pan out okay, I want something for her and for my friends to remember me by that isn't just a bunch of posts on GW and LJ.

christ there was no easy way to say that huh!

the reason I'd go from LJ to youtube is that, also because there are some physical things that I'm sure people want to see (my neck swelling is AMAZING) and it saves time instead of typing stuff out and taking pictures and all that and also because I need to work on my ability to orate as opposed to debate so something like this would be good practice.
brian chemicals
  • Insane teacher
oh but to clarify, no I'm not DEATH OBSESSED; the primary reason was because it's a much better physical record to see the effects of chemo and the physical record of BEING ALIVE thing was an afterthought.

and I'm completely against youtube celeb or whatever but I'm sure some of you probably want to tell or show other people GUY DYING OF NUT CANCER IN HIS CHEST and that's easier to do with something like this.
brian chemicals
  • I fear and I tremble
Alright man, if you think its a good idea then go for it I'd like to be able to see how you're doing anyways. It just seems sort of weird I guess.

also, what part of puerto rico did you live in?? I sailed back an forth between there and Jacksonville around a year ago.
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • Insane teacher
we lived in Mayaguez, pretty close to San Juan. I enjoyed it a lot when I was there but it could have gone to shit, I haven't lived there in years!
brian chemicals