Topic: The Screenshot Topic (Read 106132 times)

• Avatar of something bizarre and impractical
  • It's The Only Thing.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Procedurally generated dungeons. Still lots to do, but here's a sample of some of the layouts it can create.

• I am also known as jimmy7512
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
@skarik: Looks great I'm really awaiting the release of your game.

@Montai: Graphical style looks great, just wondering is that a battle screen where the three characters are standing in front of the monster because there isn't any HP bars or gauges.

@IceManual5580: I like, please post a video of the battle system.

@thecatamites: Custom graphics? This is very different from your usual batch of works  :)

@Farmrush: What is that made in? Is it going to be an RPG?

A work in progress Weapon Skills system, the numbers are tiers, reaching tier 1 grants one star near the weapon thumbnail, and so forth.
RMN Profile
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1446/?p=2#posts

GameJolt Profile
http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/action/zombie-outbreak/830/

• It's The Only Thing.
It's made in Game Maker, and it's going to be an action rpg / dungeon crawler sort of like a mix between zelda and diablo???
  • It's Me, Picasso
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
*pokes question marks* You don't sound too sure of yourself. . . :P
Everyone has the right to be himself; wise men know how to,when, and whether to navigate the boundary between their rights and those of others when they collide.
  • It's The Only Thing.
well there's a lot to do and I'm currently changing large portions of the generation 'engine' and I'm having this internal struggle about gahhh i want my game to look good but im bad at making graphics but i could use the experience but zzzzzzz
  • It's The Only Thing.
More improvements. Increased room size to allow for a) more room, b) more interesting features. Reworked how I add rooms into the generator. It is now a lot easier and faster. You'll notice some redundancy of features in the video. That's because each feature only has 2-3 layouts right now. As I add more layouts (I'd like about 5 each) this will diminish.

• Comrade!

@Montai: Graphical style looks great, just wondering is that a battle screen where the three characters are standing in front of the monster because there isn't any HP bars or gauges.

The hud vanishes when you cast spells, in the game. It's not a bug... Just a bad design choice. :P I'll be changing that!

- Fried Codes -
brawl: 1848-1345-8316
wii: 5904-3233-6495-7865

• Desperate For Game Make
  • PipPip
Dreamwalker- Kindred College Catering Area.

Current RPG Making Projects:

Main projects: Eternia's Promise, demo out on rpgmaker.net

Desperation Of A New Era. Prolouges out, Part 1 out. Finally a game that I can
upload and complete.

Liberated Arms VX Ace Current Status: Cancelled. For now.

Dreamwalker VX Ace Current Status: Dead, unless it's restarted one day.

Story of Ligara: Dead. Again.

And my other thousand games...(not literally)
  • It's The Only Thing.
hueahahahaha

This is staged, but traps, like everything else, are semi-random throughout the dungeons. :)
I've been testing out my video capture on my modern day superhero RPG:

Edit: Thanks Ghost for the tip
Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 03:11:59 am by busterblade123
  • DragonSlayer o_O
[youtube]linkhere[/youtube]
To Never Be Known Is The Worst Death
  • Bushido Brown
  • PipPip
[youtube]linkhere[/youtube]

That wasn't worth a bump. Neither is this.
. .  .   salty is right
  • It's The Only Thing.
A bump? The topic is stickied.
  • Bushido Brown
  • PipPip
A bump? The topic is stickied.

Whoa what? Seriously? My bust.
. .  .   salty is right
  • keeping the fire inside alive
Hi all, it's been a while (5yrs hoho), just letting you all know I'm still alive and working on my game (for those who remember lmao). I'm determined to finish this thing!

Here are some screens of my game, Hybrid Flare:

Menu System:

Boss Battle:

Random Battle in Memoria Cave:

Main character saving his friends wife:

Outside the Shard Cavern the main characters friend works at:
You can't really tell in this picture, but the game uses a caterpillar system (The hero is the one with the silver hair and his friend is blonde).

The game will feature the following systems; CMS, CBS, Caterpillar System, Running and the ability to avoid battles (an idea shamelessly used from Velsarbor). All of the systems are complete as far as functionality is concerned. I still test for bugs as I go along however. The game will be about 4 chapters in terms of plot. In terms of actual maps Ive done about 150, which translates to about maybe 10% of my games intended plot. Not a lot I know lmao and I'm off to University for another year this September. So I'm hoping to be able to squeeze some time in up there and also again next summer. I hope I can get Chapter 1 out next summer too.

Anyway, chao!
Fight with all your Might!

Current Project: Hybrid Flare: The Unleashing
CBS: 100%
CMS: 100%
Plot: 99%
Maps:10%
Release/Demo:Chap 1 in the works
  • It's The Only Thing.
wb Zellus I've missed you

Your game is looking pretty nice. :)
  • Sadistic Magician
Zellus, the battle system layout looks nice, but if you aren't terribly attached to that typography,  I would consider changing it at least the font for the Attack Item etc, it just doesnt look....good to me. The letter spacing looks off, the letterforms are just ugly, just my opinion but you should at least consider another font

edit: also, using a serif font in that small of point for the 'Attack Enemy' box probably isnt a great idea either. Those serifs make you have to squint and a sans-serif font would be much more effective and clean
Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 03:38:29 am by Dookie
Hey everyone, I've been meaning to post this for awhile...

I'm not new to RPG making, I was a 2K guru back in the day...  Released a sort of crappy game demo with a CBS and CMS called Chrono Shift.  I also created a short game called Goofy Skateboarding (yes, the disney character) which had a skateboarding/ABS system and lots of blood and comic violence.

A couple years ago I messed around with RMXP and was impressed by what you could do with the scripting language.  I completely re-imagined Chrono Shift, and decided to tackle it with some planning and REAL coding skills.  Since then I have slowly and steadily been creating the battle and menu system for it, as well as the graphics.  I've completed a lot in recent months, and I figured I'd throw up a few pics of my progress:

Menu System:
Nothing too special about these:

Two additional stats I use: Speed and Luck

The Tech Grid.  This is how you learn your skills.  It's sort of like the Sphere Grid from FFX, you advance around the grid, activating nodes with TP you gain from battles.
Some nodes teach Techs, some increase your stats, and some teach "Passive Skills" that will effect you in battle.  Examples: Auto-SP regeneration, damage reduction, resistance to certain elements.

Battle System:

RTAB with Minkoffs Animated battlers.

The Chrono Gauge is a unique feature I created.  At the start of the battle the values in each cell are randomized between x0 and x3.
When you use a Tech, the rightmost box is filled with the "color" of the element used, and all existing elements are shifted to the left.
When a certain element is in a box, all damage of that element is multiplied by the value in the box.
I got this idea from the Field Gauge in Chrono Cross.

Techs.  I've implemented Double/Triple techs just like in Chrono Trigger!
I also recently figured out how to have the battler sprites have custom screen movements/animations for every double/triple tech.

Items

Using a Double Tech

After Winning

Other features:
26 custom status buffs/ailments

Things I plan on implementing:

Graphics for basically everything
Animations for everything
Create all the items
Config option in menu (the only part of it that isn't 95% complete)
ABS and Platformer type gameplay while you aren't in battle

I'm not much of an artist or spriter, so most of the graphics used are basically placeholders until I create something good.  I've created a few charsets so far, but that's about it.

Anyway, it's very ALPHA STAGE right now, but what do you guys think?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
That looks great eclipse, is the battlesystem already complete? The menu system also looks very crisp except for the avator pics which look a little out of focus, although that might just be my screen actually.
http://steamsignature.com][/url]