Classic Collectables (Read 2302 times)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
So I was wondering if anybody else at GW collects shit.

I'm really into buying and selling these Marvel figurines called Super Hero Squad on ebay right now, and I've gotten myself a fair few of them. I didn't really want to get into collecting something again because of the money (I had a pretty good sized collection of pokemon cards) but after I realized Hasbro likes to retire shit all the time these things started being worth more and more money. So I'm stocking up on them, and buying a few G.I. Joe versions for the months after the movie comes out.

Anybody else collect stuff? I know they're gotta be a couple transformers collectors here, I'm a beast wars man myself.
  • I fear and I tremble
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Scars.....I collect scars..................................................
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • PipPip
I used to collect NBA cards, I still have most of them somewhere in a box.  but nowadays I don't collect anything besides bills.
  • You probally thought you werent gunna die today suprise!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
When I was young I collected a whole bunch of shit: POGS, BASKETBALL CARDS, MAGAZINES, ROCKS, OLD COINS, MODEL PLANES, COMICS etc you name it I collected it.

Now days I guess you could say I collect cds? I don't really collect anything too much, I have alot of belongings and that stuff holds you down after a while. Like makes it harder to travel or move around or whatever.
Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 07:56:53 pm by Afura
  • Baker Guy
  • Pip
Oo, pogs! I had some of those too. Don't think I ever even played the game, but they were shiny.

These days I like to collect jobs & crazy ex-girlfriend stories. Hmm... I guess books too. There's tons I have I'll never read, but I buy them anyways when I see an interesting used one.

Anyone want to admit to having a beanie baby collection? I know there's gotta be a few of you here!
▓█▓ Rpg Maker VX Resources (RMVX Tiles)
▓█▓ Random Generator (RPG names)
▓█▓ Funeral director simulator
  • PipPip
I'm not sure if pogs worked the same in america but in the Philippines while growing up, Pogs coexisted with cocacola and each bottle cap when traded in can give you a certain number of Pogs.  I remember POGS oh so well, man they were the shit.  

Did ya'll just buy POGS?
  • Genericism is the phoenix of originality.
  • Pip
Me and my brothers used to have quite a large collection of pokemon cards when was younger. And I've only recently decided to collect Magic: the Gathering cards with one of my friends. Apart from that, I've never really had the money to just buy things because they were part of a set, or anything like that.
Upon arriving the attending doctor could find no abnormal physical symptoms other than extremely dilated pupils. After spending several hours terrified that his body had been possessed by a demon, that his next door neighbor was a witch, and that his furniture was threatening him, Dr. Hofmann feared he had become completely insane.
  • PipPip
heh pokemon cards...  Some people make money by selling cards they collected in their youth.
  • kaworu*Sigh*Isnt he the cutest person ever
not anymore, I collect I dunno, CDs and that's really it. I pick up the odd Transformer still a couple of times a year if I think they're cool, and likewise with G.I. Joe. But I wouldn't really conscider myself a collector anymore since I sold most of my stuff to buy guitars/CDs.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Over the years I had collected a ton of things but gave up after moving out of my mums place where I left all that shit. There were buckets full of pogs, a load of pokemon cards and even a whole bunch of cats eyes... dont freak out I mean marbles.
http://steamsignature.com][/url]
  • ブラウンの人
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
as a kid I had collected pokemon cards, digimon cards yugioh, pokemon (the non battle version [the ][/the] cards, sega genesis cartridges and pogs ofcourse. Also I had a cardboard box full of lego pieces.

when I started smoking and buying packs, I collected the little warning labels that come in each cigarette pack (its like a card). at one point i had as many labels as pokemon cards (and I had A LOT of pokemon cards). it all ended when my dad found one randomly.

now I only collect movie tickets. Everytime I go to the movies I put the movie ticket in a special hidden pouch in my wallet. its the easiest and laziest thing to collect lol.

• Ò_Ó
Pretty much just collecting neuroses, in a few years I'll have the set
  • god damn it man-o-war god damn it
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I collect books. Used to collect Pokemon, magic the gathering and yu-gi-oh. Should probably sell those.
don't mind me, just postin' after a few brewskies
somebody’s Barkley --- could be another’s Monopolo.
  • Meh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Pogs, Beast Wars, GI Joes, and.. Beanie Babiess. I have a huge garbage bag full of beanie babies (with the tags in hard plastic, so no bendage)
m
ohap
  • Firbolg Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I collect baseball cards and old coins/bills.
Gaming World Mini City: Population, Industry, Transportation, Security Current rank 3950.
Click a different link each day.
  • Kid Squaresoft
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I used to collect old video games.  I have 14 systems & handhelds and ~300 games (not including PC games).  It was a hobby for a while.  I'd go to different pawn shops and try to score deals.
Obituary: A detective story I wrote
  • Power to the flowers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
thousands and thousands of cookie jars ... my favourite is the one with an upside down wow on it
  • Power to the flowers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
mostly coins, i think i have a pretty extensive collection now
  • unidentified.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
i collect empty space. i'm always trying to think up new ways to get rid of shit. this is not a joke.
sometimes, you need to quote yourself to feel important.
  • TV people want to leave
I guess video games is the only real collection I have.  I hate getting rid of games even if I don't play them (unless they are generally awful games and recent enough to where they're not rare by any means), and I've got quite a few rare games.  Not surprisingly, I collect different copies of Night Trap, but that's such a small available TARGET I guess that it's not much of a collection.  I have four different copies so there are only a handful of other releases I don't own (the nice thing is that the Japanese releases are incredibly cheap on ebay, like $3-$5).  I will buy any and all 3DO games I come across if I can afford them, even if they're not games I ever want to play.  ESPECIALLY if they have the box and everything.

I used to collect Beanie Babies as a child, already sold off most of them.  I still have a couple of them.  I still occasionally buy Pokemon and Magic cards, but I don't really know why anymore.  I mean, I still play Magic on occasion but I play with the same two or three decks so it's not like the extra cards are adding anything.  I have a collection of WoW cards but I stopped buying them because I don't know of anyone else with them and I only wanted them to play the game anyway so it's kind of useless now.

Also I collect Derby Owners Club cards that are left behind by people who either don't know about the card reader or small children that forget to take them.  I don't even know why I started to do this, it's just a habit to me now to look around the game to see if there are cards there, and there usually are some in the pockets on the side of the terminals.  Most of them either have poorly typed in names of famous horses or random collections of letters typed in by little kids.
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates